How?

Maddie fell back against the rock in shock, staring open eyed at Sebastian.

Her reaction was panicked, rough and breathless. "Huh? What... How? Wait... Where am I? And how are you her? Wait, am I dead? Please say I'm not, I seriously expected the afterlife to be better than this."

Sebastian rolled his eyes exasperatedly and ignored her, getting up and walking to the other side of the cavern, back bent and crouched low.
Maddie stared after him, still trying to make sense of what she was seeing.

He scowled. "Are you done burning holes in my back with your eyes?"

Maddie gaped at him. "Wait, sorry, but... You are who I think you are, I'm not wrong, right?"

He spoke dryly, without looking at her. "I have no idea who you think I am, but since you haven't attempted to attack me yet, I'll assume you're probably wrong."

"Sebastian Morgenstern."

"I stand corrected." He obviously was not interested in conversation, instead was focused on examining the heap of rocks that made up the wall.

Maddie, however, was a mixture of fear, confusion and something that, surprisingly, was remenicant of awe. "I knew it. But... Like, how?"

Again, a deadpan reply, still not looking at her, giving away as little as possible. Or in this case, on a totally different topic.
"You seem surprisingly unconcerned."

Maddie shrugged. "I think my leg's bust. It's all... Strange. Don't think I can get up."
She could have kicked herself. What was she doing telling him that? Giving away her weakness, and being so blase about it too! Idiot!

He chuckled slightly, smirking, as if he knew what she was thinking. His long fingers traced the stones of the walls, excavating for a way out.

Maddie watched, still trying to work out what to do. She still had no idea how this was possible.