Lauren's nose flared in irritation. She stomped her way to the kitchen, wondering who that Dave is. It suddenly clicked to her that he's the only contact Camila got saved in her phone. Lauren is confused. Why would Camila give her that necklace? Her hands travelled unconsciously to the pendant. She put it in between her lips as she angrily poured milk to her bowl and proceeded to pour the cereal.

"Who pours milk before the cereal?" Dave asked, walking to the kitchen with arms draped over Camila's shoulder.

"The same girl who likes pineapple on her pizza." Lauren responded, eyeing Camila's hand that's intertwined with the hand draped over her shoulder.

-

Before Dave, there had been more.

Camila needed someone she can trust with her secrets, someone who is willing to do anything for her. Someone who will act as her right hand, someone who will help her clean her tracks. She gave everything in return. Money, assets, security. Even friendship. Camila doesn't want to dwell on being attached to someone she knows would possibly die in front of her. She always ended up choosing someone and would end up being close to her. But she was never failed by the person she would choose.

When she found out that she can be killed, she was thankful that Andreas was there.

Andreas just turned seventeen when Camila first met him. He's a well built man, bigger than most guys in his age. It was that one day when Camila was picking flowers by the entrance of the forest when the boy came running towards her. Some soldiers are running behind him. He climbed up the tree and Camila mislead the soldiers.

Camila then learned how poor his family is. He got a lot of brothers and sisters and he didn't know how to feed them. That's why he stole some of the soldiers' bread who hunted him like he killed a man. Camila helped him and his family, earning more than Andreas' loyalty.

Andreas found out about Camila's secret when he turned twenty six. He realized Camila doesn't seem to grow old or ill. It was that time when the Cantana Circus arrived in their small town, and Camila felt the familiar tug in her chest.

That was the first time she got the wrong person. Her instincts told her that he's close, but she was more than surprised when she found out he got the wrong guy.

***

"Tell me. What are the three things that cannot long be hidden?" Camila asked as he pointed the knife at Joshua.

Camila got Andreas to follow him for a whole month to confirm the mark. It was placed on his left thigh and once they were sure, Andreas brought him to Camila.

"I don't know!" Joshua yelled.

Andreas had to tie both his hands and feet, knowing how flexible the guy is. He works for the circus with his father who is the ringmaster.

Camila was about to yell again, when she felt a knife plunging through her backside. Her eyes widen as she felt the unfamiliar pain. She can't be wounded. Camila was surprised at the amount of blood oozing from her body.

Andreas, who is watching everything from the tree above, hurriedly jumped down and pulled the guy who attacked Camila. He was surprised seeing Joshua.

No, Joshua is still tied at the tree.

"Jacob!" Joshua shouted.

There were two of them. Twins.

-

"So Lauren, what do you do?" Dave asked her once they finished breakfast.

"I work at a coffee shop downtown." Lauren replied.

"You have work today?" he asked.

"Nope, rest day."

"Cool. You can keep Cami's company. I'm leaving then." Dave said, standing up. He placed a soft kiss at Camila's cheeks and waved at Lauren.

Lauren's grip at her spoon tightened.

***

Andreas held Jacob tightly. Camila laughed in pain, pulling the knife from her body. She moved slowly and stared at Jacob's eyes. His green orbs reflecting anger.

"Jacob." Camila started, trying so hard not to show she's hurting.

"There are three things that cannot long be hidden." she continued. "Say it with me and I shall spare your brother's life." Camila pointed the bloody knife at his heart while he struggled to get out Andreas' grip.

"The sun. The moon. The truth." He said as Joshua's scream covered the cold night.

Jacob fell unconscious after multiple stabs. Camila fell beside her, feeling her breath getting heavier every passing second. Andreas rushed to get her, but she stopped him.

"I promised I'll spare your brother's life, but I didn't promise Andreas will." she said to the lifeless body beside her, as she motioned for Andreas to end Joshua's life. He had seen a lot. He needs to die. He didn't gave her a choice.

Andreas brought Camila to her sister's house to be treated. Luckily, the knife didn't fracture any organs and Camila didn't lose a lot of blood. Grazing over the white cloth covering her wound, she motioned for Andreas to come closer. Andreas looked terrified.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. I got the wrong guy. I didn't know he got a twin. I didn't see them together! I swear!" Andreas knelt at Camila's bed.

"Thank you." Camila whispered. "You have proved your loyalty more than you should. Thank you." she said as she patted Andreas' shoulder.

"But, you're-, you're immortal. Why did he wound you? Does this mean you could die?" Andreas asked.

"I'm not sure. But I have a theory. I just need to wait for another couple of years to test it out." she replied.

-

"Is he like, your boyfriend?" Lauren asked Camila.

"Are you like, jealous?" Camila replied.

"What? Why, huh, why would I be jealous? I don't do jealous." Lauren huffed in disbelief. She stood up and walked towards the sink to clean her cereal bowl.

"I don't know. I recall hearing you say that you want me to pin you to a wall and what, kiss you?" she smirked as she stood up and moved closer to Lauren. Lauren was surprised when Camila pulled her harshly and literally pinned her to the wall. She pressed her body towards Lauren who's eyes are now shut tight.

Camila placed her hands on both side of Lauren's head. "Lauren." She whispered.

"Laur. Look at me."

Lauren opened her eyes slowly but shut it close again when she saw how close they are. Camila chuckled. She used her right hand and held Lauren's head up using her chin. Camila eyed the necklace hanging from her neck, the pendant sitting between Lauren's cleavage.

"I want to kiss you so bad. If only you would open those pretty eyes. I wanna see them."

Lauren opened her eyes again and saw Camila biting her lower lip. Her eyes darted back and forth, waiting for Camila to lean in. This is it. I'm dying. I'm dying. Lauren closed her eyes slowly this time.

She felt a soft lips below her collarbone. She felt a tug from the necklace and when she opened her eyes, she can see Camila tucked in her chest, planting a small kiss at her pendant.

"You're insatiable." Camila said as she pulled her body away from Lauren. She headed out of the kitchen and left Lauren with her buckling knees and wet panties.

-