TWENTY-FOUR

I was left alone for a while. The snow stopped, leaving a white blanket on the ground, just barely covering the grass. It wasn't until dinner time that I got a visitor, and that was a maid coming to bring me dinner.

I let the food get cold and lay simply thinking for a while. I didn't know how long it was, but the sun had started to set outside, casting orange light into the room.

A set of knocks came simultaneously at the door, and without waiting for an answer, two blond heads peaked in.

"We heard you can talk." Tristan started.

"Doctor Millard isn't exactly all that good with doctor patient confidentiality stuff. He blabbed." Triton added.

I closed my eyes with a sigh.

"Dante told us not to come up here, but we thought differently." One of them said.

"We can leave if you want us to, but we thought we could help you."

I opened my eyes and lifted my head to raise an eyebrow at them. "If this is more stuff about helping me feel more comfor–"

Triton shook his head. "No. Not like medically or like mentally or whatever Dante and Millard are trying to help you with."

Triton grinned, a mischievous, trouble-promising grin. "We're here to help you sneak out. You've been on bed rest long enough."

My eyes widened, and my lips curled up just slightly. "Where to?"

They glanced at each other, then shrugged. "Your choice. I'd say the closer we stay to the palace, the less trouble we'll be in when we get caught." Tristan said.

Triton nodded. "But just so you know, getting caught is a definite. So choose somewhere worth it."

I glanced down at my baggy t-shirt and yoga pants. "I don't think I'm necessarily dressed to go out anywhere."

Triton smiled, and then in the blink of an eye he was gone. Not ten seconds later, he was back with a pair of jeans and a sweater. "Voilà, the latest from le closet de Sapphire."

I shook my head. "No way am I stealing from your sister."

Tristan rolled his eyes. "She's in on this. She's got business with Finn or something, so she can't go with us, but she said it's fine."

I raised an unconvinced eyebrow.

"Seriously, she's fine with it. Just hurry and get changed." Tristan added.

Triton walked over and gave me the clothes, and although still skeptical, I took them from him. The sweater was soft, and a pale beige shade, while the jeans were a lighter blue.

"What about shoes?" I asked.

"What size are you?"

I sighed. "I don't even know."

Triton left again, using his werewolf speed, and came back a little later this time, with three different pairs of gym shoes. "Thirty-eight, thirty-nine, forty." He laid them down, along with a pair of socks.

I raised an eyebrow at them. "So you really wanna help me sneak out?"

They both nodded.

Getting off the bed, I went into the bathroom and changed quickly, coming out to find them sitting on my bed and watching television. The scratchy static noise that came out of the speakers made me cringe, and I averted my eyes to the boys.

"The jeans look loose." Tristan pointed out. He wasn't wrong, and I knew these were skinny jeans, and that they shouldn't look loose.

"That's because she's so skinny. Sapph didn't own any smaller than that." Triton added, before sliding the shoes to me.