Chapter 27

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 27

"Lils, they're pretty good," James said, kissing Lily's cheek.

"Thanks, James," Lily said as she sipped her tea, "It's nowhere as good as Remus' anyway."

James rolled his eyes, "Moony likes to think that. Where is he, anyway?"

Lily shrugged, "I don't know."

"Padfoot?" James called across the kitchen to Sirius, who was talking to Marlene as they ate their cookies.

"Yeah, Prongs?" Sirius called back, glancing at James with a grin.

"Do you know where Moony is?" James asked, and Sirius nodded.

"Really? How come he told you and not me?" James complained, "Moony!"

"Well, technically, he didn't tell me," Sirius said, "So you can calm down. But I mean, he's not here, and Ardie's not here either. They're probably snogging somewhere or something."

"Actually, I doubt it."

The four of them turned around to find Ardelle at the foot of the stairs, pulling her dark hair up into a ponytail.

"Ardie, where's Moony?" James asked, "He hasn't shown up yet, and it's very...erm...unusual for him to not be around you or not to show up for cookies."

"You do realise that he's not my twin?" Ardelle groaned, "You're my twin, Prongs. Remus is my fiancé. And yeah, I don't know where he is. He's probably somewhere in his room."

"Well, we better go get him, then," Sirius said with a shrug.

"I volunteer!" Ardelle said quickly, before she ran up the stairs again.

"That's...is that normal?" Lily asked, glancing at Sirius and James and Marlene.

"I...I think so," Marlene said, furrowing her brows, "Well, she's getting Remus...so...it should be fine."

***

"Rem?" Ardelle knocked on the door tentatively, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Come in, what's up, Ardie?" Remus said from the other side of the door.

"How'd you know it was me?" Ardelle asked with a small smile on her face as she stepped into the room, "I can't be that obviously recognisable, right?"

"Actually, you can be," Remus said, turning around to face Ardelle with a tired smile from where he sat on the ground around a cauldron, "You're pretty recognisable to me."

Ardelle kissed his cheek and sat down beside him.

She sniffed the cauldron and said, "Pepperup Potion? What are you doing with that?"

"I just want a Pepperup Potion for...in case. Since my mother is a muggle and she can't use magic," Remus said honestly, "So I wanted to brew her some just in case she gets sick so she can use it while I'm away, and since my father is going to be at work and sometimes will be on Order missions too, I just wanted to make sure she'd be okay."

"That's a good idea," Ardelle said softly, "But you don't have to worry about it. I think your mother will be okay—Death Eaters probably won't go after your mother. She's not done anything wrong, after all."

"I know, I know," Remus sighed, "It's just...we're all going on Order missions and fighting Death Eaters and being on missions has really let me see how serious things are getting and how dangerous Voldemort and the Death Eaters really are. It's just..."

"Hey, I get it," Ardelle said with a smile, "Well, after you've finished that, you wanna come downstairs and have some of Lily's cookies or would you like me to bring it up here?"

"Nah, it's okay," Remus said, "I'm almost finished anyway. I'll be downstairs and done in a second."

"Afterwards, do you wanna go with the others to the gardens?" Ardelle said with a grin, "We can be wild animals."

Remus laughed and rolled his eyes, "Alright, alright, Ardie."

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! Special thanks to all of you guys who read and vote; I really appreciate it!

Leave a vote or comment on this chapter if you liked it to let me know!

Some questions for you guys:

1. What are your initial thoughts at this point, after reading this chapter?

2. Who is your favourite character at this point and why?

3. How would you describe that character?

4. Any other thoughts/comments?

As always, leave your answers in the comments to let me know your thoughts!

Also, check out my other works too, which you can find on my profile!

Thanks and cya <3