Letters In The Sand - Chapter 38

Chapter Thirty-eight * Luke

Eden's face was a picture of fear I had to stop James from hurting her any more.

"let her go" I shouted at James he did he flung her to the ground, where Lisa rushed to her side the tops of her arms were red and bleeding where James had dug his nail into her skin. I was furious at him for hurting Eden

"Go James" I said I was shocked at how threatening my voice sounded, so was Lisa she looked up at me with a look of sisterly affection. I looked back at James.

"No why should I?" he asked standing his ground

"Because this is a private party" Oscar said I looked behind me, Oscar, molly and Ry where standing up to James with me

"And you're not invited" Molly added

"So you'll be leaving, now" Ry finished. Dom and Mike appeared at my side. I glanced at Oscar and laughed it was like something from at cheesy film but it worked I glanced at James. He was looking at his feet, defeated. I watched as my sister tapped James on the shoulder. He turned around and Lisa slapped him in the face.

"You..." he shouted, she didn't have time to finish before Ry was pulling her back.James's hand flew to his cheek.

"how dare you" he growled at lisa he took a step forward towards her.

"No" shouted Ry pushing him back and punching him in the stomach. James doubled over cluching his stomach.

"Go back to where you came from" Ry shouted at him and went to punch him again. I grabed his arm.

"I know the idea of punching him to a pulp is appealing but he's really not worth it mate." I told Ry glaing at james "Just get him away from us"

"Who the hell are you" shouted james

"my names luke nice to meet you" I sneered at him

"your very defensive of Eden arn't you" he sneered "shame she was never in to blonds"

"Shut up"

"She's into green eyes to not blue I should know"

"I said shut up" he was trying to provoke me

"I mean I should know" He continued "I got to know her very well" that did it, if it was a punch he was looking for it was a punch he was going to get. I punched him in the nose a felt a satsfing crunch under my fist. James cried in pain.

"Get him out of my sight" I spat. Oscar and Ry dragged him away and I looked around every one was watching me with a look of fright on their faces, I took a deep breath to calm down and looked over at Lisa who was with Eden. I walked over to the two of them

"How is she?" I asked kneeling down next to the two of them.

"She's ok, has he gone"

"Yep, Ry and Oscar took care of him" I said my voice was strained "I think I broke his nose when I punched him though"

"Good for you" I smiled Lisa was always up for a fight "I'm going to find something to clean you up with your covered in blood" she got up and ran off. I glanced down at my t-shirt it was splattered with blood and my hand was covered in the red liquid. I looked down at Eden she was probed up with bags and jumpers but she didn't look very comfortable. I pulled her up in to my arms and rested her head on my chest.

"Eden...Eden...Eden" I whispered to her.