Letters In The Sand - Chapter 9

Chapter Nine * Eden

As we walked up the beach I pondered what Lisa had told me earlier. That in the car as we were driving up her Luke could not keep his eyes off me and that he nearly crashed the car because he wasn't looking at the road. But why was he looking at me. I turned back to where we were just sitting. I saw Ruby first her red hair shone in the sunlight. Then I saw Luke the two of them had their heads together. Were they kissing? I turned away I felt my face go red.

"God Eden, you look like a tomato" Lisa told me, Ry laughed I felt my face get even redder at his laugh. The he turned around and started walking backwards in front of me and Lisa.

"No way, Luke's getting it off with Ruby" He said stopping, Lisa walked into his broad chest

"Oh, sorry"

She said it was her turn to go red now. Ry spun her round

"Look" he said pointing towards Luke and Ruby.

"No?" Lisa said her voice full of surprise she looked at me but I was still looking at Luke with disbelief. Two minutes ago he was staring in to my eyes longingly and now this. I turned away and started walking up the hill pulling Lisa and Ry with me. Ry was still holding Lisa. When we had got our ice creams we made our way back to the beach where Ruby was no where to be seen Luke was sitting on the deck chair talking to Oscar and Molly, who had shorts and a vest top on Oscar had his arm around her shoulder and she was leaning into him. As me and Lisa sat on the towels Ry asked the guys if they wanted to play volleyball. So it was just Lisa, Molly and me left on the towels. Jo, Ava and Kourtney had gone to play as well.

"You coming?" Oscar had asked Molly, holding her at arms length and looking into her eyes.

"No thanks you know I suck at sports"

"Okay, cheer for me." He said and kissed her on the cheek, she pulled away

"Go have fun".

He smiled at her and ran towards the others who were now sorting themselves into teams. Molly sat down next to us laughing, her chocolate colored hair flowed down pass her shoulders to her waist.

"Hi I'm Molly" She said smiling at us.

"Lisa, and this is Eden"

"Hi" I said to Molly

"Hey have I seen you somewhere before?" Molly asked, I looked at her blankly

"Yeah, you where with a tall guy, messy brown hair, green eyes. At the music festival in Somerset"

"James" I said I remembered now we had gone there last summer when we first started going out. That was a good day it was hot and sweaty but the music was good and the atmosphere was amazing. "And I remember that, but I'm sorry I just don't remember seeing you there"

"Jack Johnson was playing, and you were walking with a hot dog and you tripped, got hot dog all over me"

"Oh my god" I remembered that. I had buried that memory "I'm so sorry" I said. Lisa was shaking with laughter beside me.

"It's okay, no it's fine I didn't like that top very much any way" Molly told me, that set Lisa off again. We sat there talking and watching the game that was being played in front of us. Luke was sitting at the side lines, why wasn't he playing?