Chapter 17: A new ally

Start from the beginning

"It depends on the situation." I smiled devilishly as I put my hand against his cheek, my thumb following the outlines of his lips absentmindedly.

His eyes widened in response and his lips parted slightly. I was completely unaware of the affect I had on him. Like he said, I probably had a bad concussion. So, I didn't realize that I had my arms draped around his neck and my face dangerously close to his.

"Lyanna, I-" he frowned slightly but didn't back away. The change in his expression did snap me back from my trance though, making me utter a small sorry as I swung my legs back to where they were in the first place.

"So, feathers." Anakin broke the silence that followed. I tensed up at the sound of his voice, remembering that he also was with us. He must've seen the whole moment Obi-Wan and I just shared, if it even meant something.

"Where's this hideout of yours?" Anakin continued as he turned to look at me.

"I'll point you in the right direction." I said as I tried to find a comfortable position behind Obi-Wan. "we're very close though."

"For the large city like you described it's positioned very distant from any kind of civilization." Obi-Wan said as he held tightly onto the reigns of the gryphon he was riding. I could feel his chest vibrating with each word he spoke as I rested my head on his back with my arms wrapped tightly around his waist.

"It's large for us." I said, lifting my head and planting my chin on his shoulder, watching where he was taking us. "We don't have such a large population in Valeria as you do on your planets."

"There it is!" I nudged Obi-Wan and pointed at the towers that just emerged from behind the trees. "My dear gentlemen, may I welcome you to our most beautiful city: Eagle's Fall."

I smiled as I watched their faces. They were obviously watching in awe as the sight of the city came into view. Thin clouds hung over the city with the light of the sun reflecting on the surface of the water.

"It's beautiful." Obi-Wan muttered as his eyes took in the sight before him.

"You should've seen it before, when there wasn't a war." I said as my eyes found the dense crowd near the med centre. As I could see now that we were getting near, the hospital was overrun. They had set a few tents outside to provide even more medical attention for the returning soldiers.

"Land there." I pointed at the landing site near the hospital. Obi-Wan obliged, landing the gryphon elegantly and stepping off of it with ease. He offered me a hand which I gladly accepted.

"So, what now?" Anakin asked as they followed in my fast footsteps.

"It depends on what is happening here." I said. "I'm just glad they haven't taken the fight to us."

"Valkyr!" The head of the hospital came running towards me. It was a somewhat elder woman with greying hair who was called Eline. Right now, her normally pearly white uniform was covered in blood.

"We need your help." She said while trying to catch her breath. "There are just way more than we can handle. Some are too badly injured for us to know what to do, Lyanna, you do."

"it's all right, Eline." I laid my hand on her shoulder to calm her down. "I will do everything I can."

I turned around to face the two Jedi who stood there like they were lost. Then my eyes caught sight of the blood on Obi-Wan's tunic. "You're hurt." I stated matter of factly.

"I'm fine." He shrugged. "It's just a scratch."

"It's more than just a scratch, Jedi." I frowned when I noticed that it was still bleeding. "Just go to the hospital with me."