•{Chapter Five}•

The day after the boring brunch was one of the most eventful days in Illéa's history and it shall never be forgotten.

It started as a normal day. Little did everyone know...

The rebels attack quickly and quietly. It wasn't with their usual grandeur that they entered the castle. No, this attack was different. This wasn't to scare the royals. It was to end them.

And they nearly did.

In no fancy words, here is what happened.

Rebels invaded. Took the king. Ran for their lives with him in tow. Successfully.

On that day, drastic measures had to take place. The girls were sent home. The Selection was suspended. The king was gone. Kidnapped. There were more important matters to attend to than the selection.

----------

Skip forward one month. Miraculously, and for whatever reason, the girls were invited back.

The girls didn't know what they were getting themselves into. Some girls even refused to return because the palace had turned into such a dangerous place. But some did, and the show must go on.

The day the girls returned to the palace was a bleak and dreary day. Clouds gathered over the palace like a threat. But nonetheless, all the returning girls were guided past the palace gates and through the grand palace doors by a large group of guards. No random appearances by cussing princesses this time. No, nothing of the sort.

You enter the palace. Nothing has changed about the grand entry hall, yet the whole palace feels different, darker. Standing at the front waiting to greet the girls was the beautiful princess Brooklyn. But of course, like everything at the palace, she had changed. If her grave expression didn't signify the change, her clothing definitely did. She was in a dramatic deep purple long-sleeved gown with dark makeup and hair pulled out into a tight and intricate bun. She had a scary vibe to her obviously. Much different from the overwhelmed girl in a white dress you first met.

She has her hands clasped in front of her. She had a serious yet calm expression on her face. From all the news circulating lately, you knew that the princess had been named regent in the king's absence. Why hadn't her brother been named regent? No one knew. For the time being, Brook was a queen who was running everything. Especially the efforts to get her father back. Yet she also had concerns for her brother, which was why she had restarted the selection.

Now it was time for her to address the group of girls standing in front of her. "Hello ladies," she said. Her voice had none of the usual brightness in it. "It's a pleasure to see you all again. I know it's been awhile, and I thank you for being so patient with the palace in our time of calamity. Now, I know you're all probably anxious to resume where you left off a month ago, so the masked suitors are waiting for your arrival. Red Mask, White Mask, and Gold Mask. The man in the Black Mask isn't available right now. I'll leave you all to get reacquainted," Brooklyn said with an inexpressive nod to the girls before walking out of the room quickly.

Now it was time for the girls to make their way to the indoor gardens where the three suitors were waiting.

---------
The Ladies Returning:

---------The Ladies Returning:

A/N : Y'all know what to do. Tag the admins, the suitors are in the indoor garden but until I say so, you're only allowed to rp on THIS CHAPTER. You can only rp with one suitor. Selected can rp with each other, and someone can go after emo Brook if they want.

Lots has happened and lots is still happening. I have SOOO much drama planned, so let's keep this alive. MAKE DRAMA, GET ANGRY, IDC. It's been a month since the brunch and the king's kidnapping.

Read that whole chapter or I'll go bat shit crazy.

Love you, bye!

Red Mask: magicalmak402
White Mask: me/ I'm @daisydreamin
Gold Mask: shepherds-