•{Chapter One}• {Closed}•

The day finally arrived, July first, the start of the wondrous selection! Now the adventure filled with dreamy masked suitors and woman in vibrant colored, flowing ball gowns can commence! What wonder awaits?

Early that morning an old fashioned carriage arrived directly in front of your residence. It looked straight out of one of the fairy tales of old. Was that intentional? Possibly! All the small details of this selection have been handpicked with care to make it seem like a romantic daydream.

The carriage either took you to a train station or an airport. That depends on the distance between the province you were traveling from to the great province of Angeles. Yet, the travel was masterfully planned. No matter how long the distance, all forty selected arrived to the palace at the same time, no matter the mode of transport. And, oh! What a jolly occasion this was.

The sight of the palace was grand and intimidating

The sight of the palace was grand and intimidating. The fact that you were in a group of girls all feeling similar emotions to you did not help with your anxiety.

And yet... the palace gates weren't opening. And there was no one there anymore except for the girls. Where was everyone? Where was the warm welcome? Where were the servants who should be ready to take your bags and make you presentable to meet the suitors?

What on earth could possibly be happening?

Chatter broke out amongst the girls. Murmurs of confusion and discontentment could be sensed in the air. Answers weren't coming, and no one quite knew how to deal with this.

And then in an instant, a flash of life appear from behind the daunting gates of the gorgeous palace. A young blonde girl was strolling through the grounds in a flowy white dress, looking to be without a care in the world. She looked ethereal, so much so that she could have been mistaken for a mirage.

And then the young girl noticed the board of selected standing about outside the gates to her home

And then the young girl noticed the board of selected standing about outside the gates to her home. The girl's eyes widened significantly.

"Holy fuck...!" she said, quite eloquently. She froze in her tracks. But then, with a shake of her head she jumped into action. Something needed to be done. The girl moved towards the castle gates, while all eyes were on her. Who was this girl? And what on earth was truly happening?

"Hello ladies," the girl spoke through the bars of the gates. She sounded confident in herself, yet confused at the same time. "Though you don't know me, due to my lack of public appearances, I am Princess Brooklyn of Illéa. And you all, I'm assuming, are the selected. Well... it seems there's been a bit of a mix up. You weren't due to be here for another three days according to the arrangements we made..." at this time the girl gave a quiet, her nervous laugh. She seemed just as confused and overwhelmed as them.

"But nonetheless, ladies, welcome!" Brooklyn said and clapped her hands together in an authoritative manner. She was oozing positivity. She could roll with the punches. "Let's get these gates open... oh gosh, truly, where are those guards when I need them?" she said more to herself.

She dug around in her dress pockets to find the object that she desired. She pulled out a large set of keys. "Here we are!" she said cheerily and unlocked the lock on the palace gates. The grand chain fell away and the young princess was able to push the gates open. "Much better!" she chirped, pleased with herself.

"If all of you will follow me, I can show you to the palace, I guess. We can't exactly have you all standing outside in the cold all day!" she exclaimed before turning around in the direction of the palace. The young princess walked far enough ahead that no one approached her. She needed time to think. The grand welcome party wasn't planned! What could they do? Where even were her brother and all the other suitors?

The group filled with confused young women reached the palace doors soon enough. They arrived to the grand front doors and the expressions of very, very befuddled guards. Those guards opened the doors at the Princess Brooklyn's orders.

The youthful blonde princess turned to the group of forty. "Ok, so you've obviously caught us off guard. So until further notice, I'm going to have to split you up into three or four groups and lead you to waiting rooms! You'll be there until further notice. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but well, you'll survive," she laughed. She was trying to be professional and princessly, and yet, that was very much not her personality.

The Selection was off to an interesting start. But who is tampering with the details and trying to catch the royals off guard? Tune in next week!

((Hi friends! So here's the first chapter. Read through all of it. I took the time to write it, you can take the time to read it! Wait for main chains. Those will have more detail.

Remember, no cell phones. That's kinda the tech vibe from the original selections.

Also, make friends and enemies, listen to me (the admin) and the other admins if you need.

Ok bye guys! Feel free to ask questions using a comment with parentheses))