"Do they get along?" She asked me and I nodded at her.

"Yeah... always have. Abel is a smart kid though he picks up on everything. He's gotten a little protective over Thomas in the last year." I told her. Suddenly the flirtatious demeanor that I was carrying started to fade away replacing it with a serious and vulnerable one. There was just something about Charlie that made me feel safe and comfortable enough to tell her my inner secrets.

"I think I'm ruining them." The words came out of my mouth before I could even stop them. I watched as she shook her head at me.

"Oh Jax... I'm sure you're not." She told me.
"Abel's been asking if his daddy is a bad man and  if I hurt people. I've tried to hide this side of this life from him but some how he's still seeing it." I whispered out.

"Kids pick up on the smallest things... With the shit that's been going on I'm not surprised that he's noticed. You wear your heart on your sleeve, you always have." She whispered back to me. I gave her a snort and a small smile. Only if she knew just how much shit had really been going on. I told her everything earlier but it was still different hearing it versus living it.

"Maybe it's just that parent guilt Gemma keeps telling me about." I told her. We stood there just staring at each other enjoying the silence between us. I wondered what she could have been thinking about. If she too thought I was a bad man now.

"Hm, Daddy Jax... Who would have ever thought." She smiled at me and rubbed her hands on her jeans. She only did that we're she was nervous. Why was she nervous?

"Yeah it's crazy to think. I didn't think so either. But they're mine and I'm lucky to have them." She nodded at my words.

"You must be tired. You can take the bed. I'll crash on the couch. Rooms around the corner and down the hall." I told her and she eyed me for a while crossing her arms over her chest after I closed the door to both of the boy's rooms. She stuck her hip out and I knew I was in trouble.

"What?" I asked her.

"I'm not even going to get into this with you about giving me the bed. When was the last time you had a good night sleep?" I shrugged at her. I honestly couldn't remember.

"Guess a year... Maybe more" I told her and she nodded.

"I can tell. Since you won't agree with me sleeping on the couch we can just share the bed." She told me and I raised a brow trying to fight the smirk that was coming over my lips.

"Oh please Jax." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"We can share a bed and not have sex. We used to share many nights together without fucking." She told me. The smirk I was trying to hide came to my lips anyway.

"I remember that a little differently." I told her. She shook her head at me with a small smile on her face then headed towards the bedroom.

"Just keep Jackson in your pants and we won't have a problem." She told me. I bit down on my bottom lip watching her walk before I followed. 

Charlie

"No promises." He told me. I didn't have to turn around to know that he had that smirk of his face. That smirk always got me in trouble one way or another. Turning the knob to door of his room I pushed it open then turned on the lights before walking into his room. Once the lights were on  it was easy to tell that his room displayed how his life was currently: a little messy. I smiled to myself letting out a breathy laugh. He never could keep his room clean.

"I don't really clean too much these days." He told me and I shrugged. It didn't brother me.

"You never did." I said setting my bag down on his bed. He walked over to his dresser and pulled out a black t-shirt with the reaper on it. He tossed me the shirt and I caught it.