11

Na Jaemin

I took off my socks before throwing them into the basket.

"Jaemin! Dinner is ready. Be sure to eat tonight!" I heard my mother shout.

How many days has it already been since I started forgetting about dinner?

School has been stressful. With the school workload we get, I still think of her.

Surprisingly, I don't miss Irene. I miss Da Eun.

I stood in front my window and peeked through the thick curtains, hiding myself well. It is still dark in her room. Is she not home yet?

I ran down and almost tripped when I saw a familiar face.

A face that I really miss.

"Johnny! What brought you here?" I said softly.

He chuckled first before ruffling Da Eun's hair playfully - something I'ved never done or not? "Da Eun got promoted in her job. We went out with the group but she didn't like to drink alcohol so I suggested us to just buy delicious food."

Da Eun lowered her head to look at her feet before Johnny continued, "I thought we bought a lot, more than what we could eat. Da Eun said we could bring some to neighbors. She insisted on giving it to others but I convinced her to bring some here instead."

I gathered my courage and walked towards them. But I can't stand beside her.

Why?