4

Na Jaemin

I turned on my alarm before covering myself with the blanket.

Tomorrow's the start of our exams, just after the graduation ball. So I have to wake up early and not be late on my first exam.

I carried my bag after I tied my shoe laces properly. Then I started the car before leaving for school.

"Jaemin, is that you?"

I stopped by Aunt Sunye's house when her husband called. I completely rolled down the windows and talked to them.

"I'm going to school. Where are you going Da Eun?" I asked after noticing what she was wearing.

She was wearing a black pencil skirt and navy blue blouse. She was carrying a black blazer on her arm.

"She's going out for a job interview. Can you drop her at the company building instead?" uncle asked.

Before I could answer, Da Eun quickly spoke, "He might be late for school if he would."

Her face was emotionless yet the aura she had was different.

"I won't be late. I'm actually leaving an hour earlier than I usually do. Dropping you off the way won't take that long, too."

I noticed her jaw tightened before lowering her gaze and sighing.

"Fine." she said softly, almost impossible for me to hear.

She silently rode my car and calmly closed the door.

I drove my car as normal as I could despite feeling the awkward atmosphere inside.

What's wrong with us?