34. Titan's Fiery Wheel

Start from the beginning

"Amara?"

"Huh? Yes!",she squeaked, snapping out of her thoughts.

"I called you twice before... Are you not well? The doctors incharge told me that you were completely fine now....", Valerio frowned. "I will make them perform surgeries on their own bodies if they are messing around with your health", he spat harshly.

"I am completely fine", she hurriedly reassured him.

"That's what you said the last time when you were speaking to Don Romero",Valerio replied back coolly. "And yet you fell terribly ill on the same night."

Amara's cheeks warmed. Contrary to what she had proclaimed to Nonno, Amara had not completely recovered from the pepper incident in a single day.

Her allergy was just too sensitive for such a fast recovery. But now three whole days later Amara could surely say that she was in complete good health.

"I'm not lying", Amara told him, her lips turning down slightly.

Valerio quickly took her hand in his, pressing a light kiss on her palm."I didn't imply that you were", he stated, "I simply resent it when you are in any kind of discomfort. It's not acceptable to me."

Amara smiled slightly. "I am alright now. I'll be joining the fest back from tomorrow. Aunt Claire told me that I could", she told him excitedly. "I hope I haven't missed much."

"Nothing important", Valerio reassured her, going for the other shoe and removing it much faster than the previous one. "There are quite a few important events left, speaking of which, do you plan to participate in the dance show?"

"I don't know....", Amara replied, biting her lip nervously. Something in his tone had put her on edge. "There will be selectors present from the top Arts universities from all over the world for the fest. It might be a big opportunity...."

"Amara", Valerio interjected, his tone hard. "There are no solo dance events this year. The committee members insisted on only duet performances."

"Ohh", she murmured.

Amara had not known that. But it made sense. There were many different events that were scheduled to happen and the time, very limited.

"I'm not going to lie to you", Valerio started, his eyes fixed unwaveringly on her. "Even the idea of you performing with another boy is not acceptable to me", he stated in a hard tone. "I want you to give me an honest answer now. Do you plan to participate? If you do then I will get the organisers to arrange for a solo ballet event."

Amara blinked at him in surprise. "And what if I do choose to take part in the duet?".The question slipped past her lips automatically.

Valerio's eyes flashed with lethal intent, a chilling smile crossing his face. "Then I will break every bone in that boy's arms who dares to touch you", he answered coldly.

He let go of her hand, straightening up from his kneeling position and  towered over her, his forearms resting on the armrest and his face inches away from hers as he stared at her with sheer possessiveness in his eyes.

"After which I will proceed to convince you why it's not a good idea to instigate me", he breathed, his cool breath hitting her cheeks and making them feel overly sensitive."Sei mia,tesoro."

Amara shivered and looked away from his smoldering gaze. But Valerio wouldn't have her eyes away from his even for a few moments. He cupped her cheek with his palm, turning her head to face him.