Chapter 11: Telling Hiccup on The Way Back To Berk

Hiccup POV

When we both got up we decided to go back to the island I proposed to her for a day or two before going back to Berk. When we landed  I could tell something was on Astrid's mind but I decided not to ask just cause it might be personal.

"Astrid is your headache better."

" Yes I think that the headache was caused by what happened. The one thing that kept running through my mind was that I wouldn't be able to turn back and I wouldn't be able to hug, kiss, and even cuddle with you again." Astrid spoke with worry

"Well considering what we have been through m'lady you would have found away to do those things."

" I know but ..." Astrid trailed off and bit her lip with tears welling up in her eyes" ... but what if I could not turn back and I hurt you and things would be different because you would need to have an heir to be the next chief which I wouldn't be able to do it I was stuck as a dragon I couldn't help you with so the only options you would be left with are having a kid with some one other than me, leaving the first kid of Snotlout's  as a chief, or adopting."she finished while crying

" Astrid out of all those options the only one I would do is adopt a baby of both of our approval because I would never want to do anything that would hurt you or make your family angry. I know that the village probably would not except the child but they can't do anything about it. Astrid I love you that's why I asked you to marry me  there is no one in the world who makes me feel the way you do and nothing will ever change that." I pulled her in for a kiss and she hugged me until she calmed down again.

" Hicks, that's really sweet, a bit cliche, but I love you and you know exactly how to make me feel better also I'm  about to say something cliche my self but you make me feel like a princess  you also incorporate allowing me to do what I want without getting to controlling and I love that about you and I don't want to experience living without you. You are the best thing that that ever happened to me." she  spoke while resting her head on my shoulder.

" I know what I said was cliche but that's how I feel about you and sometimes the best way to explain  how you feel about someone is to say something cliche and I'm pretty sure that you know that it can be the best way to explain how you feel and judging by how loud you stomach is growling I would say it is time to start lunch m'lady. Please relax and I will start cooking."

" Yeah I understand but are you sure you don't want me to do anything like get wood ? "

" I know throwing your axe at things helps you calm down so if you want you may get wood i just want you to be relaxed."

" I will have a lot of time to relax after I get wood for the fire Hicks I will bring Nightwing to get to know her a bit better." Astrid smiled before looking at Nightwing

" OK see you when you get back."

" See you later Hicks. " Astrid said before kissing me good bye.

As Astrid left I started getting the food  together for all of us since I brought enough chicken for a week I have to get some more fish from the pond cause Toothless ate almost all the baskets I had with me.  What is left is only enough for Toothless for today and tomorrow.  A few hours of fishing later I got enough for Astrid and me to eat for today and tomorrow of we stay that long.  As I set all the food for lunch near the fire area and walked over to a tree and waited for Astrid to return from getting wood.

Astrid POV

" Ok Nightwing tell me more about you while I cut wood. "

" To start I am teal in color when I want to be most of the time I am black so I am not as easily spotted.  My siblings went to different islands and as far as I know their OK only the elder dragons got captured. " Nightwing finished a few hours after I finished getting wood for a fire.