"Oh well, sorry to disappoint you dear husband but your wife here is quite boring, now if you may hand over my book" she rolled her eyes stretching her hands forward to collect her book.

He moved the book away from her reach, cringing as he looked at the cheesy cover. Reading the book just went on to describe how extremely cheesy and sappy it was. Of course, trust Aysha to be reading that type of book.

"Why are you reading that when you could have the real version of it?" He asked smirking haughtily.

"Really?" She asked drily as she tried to look uninterested at what he was saying.

"Of course yes. It's like you keep forgetting you have me" he said with a mocking arrogant look plastered on his face, as he sat down.

"And you think you can compete with this book?" She teased with a playful look in her eyes.

"Yes and don't worry I'll surely win" he said coming too close to her, their faces only inches apart "and do you know the best part? What the reward will be?" He whispered as their breaths mingled with each other and she shook her head 'no'.

"You" he whispered eliminating the space between them.

[flashback Ends]

She felt the small cooped up cafe suffocating her, so she took her cup and nearly ran out of the cafe in a hurry. She walked down the street aimlessly and although many people were walking by she had never felt more lonely.

Her eyes were getting blurry and she could barely see where she was going when a horn sounded from her side, the angry driver was shouting at her in a foreign language and she realized she was walking way too slow on the road. She quickly went forward to the side walk and she could see their apartment from where she was so she quickened her steps.

"Why have you been like this? I know something has been bothering you, you can tell me anything you know?" Hafsat said standing by the sofa with her hands on her waist.

Aysha turned to look at her blankly from her space on the sofa, she hadn't even heard her coming in. She had been staring at the muted tv for hours since she came back.

"You think I've not been noticing? You're always spacing out and you have this disturbed look on your face every single time. You didn't even hear me come in and I've been standing here talking to you for the past 10 minutes. I've been giving you space but now you have to tell me what going on" she told her sitting by her side, "I can't bear to see you like this" she told her softly as she gently caressed her cheek.

She looked at Hafsat for the longest of while before she turned her head away but not before a traitor tear slipped out.

"He's not talking to me, and I have no idea why" she whispered to her and she knew Hafsat knew who she was talking about. She paused for a while, "or maybe I do, we had a fight before I came here about my school, he wasn't really happy"

"I thought you said he changed his mind?" She asked confused.

"Well he did.. or not, I don't even know" she dragged her hands across her face, "it's just so confusing, he told me to do what I wanted and I just.." she trailed off, slightly shrugging.

"He told you to do what you wanted and you packed up your bag and came here?" Hafsat asked her just to clarify and she nodded her head.

"Oh god!" Hafsat face-plamed herself, "he was clearly not happy with it that means, you should've stayed and cleared up things with him before even thinking of coming here" she explained, "so now what are you going to do?" She asked her.

"I'm not even sure, he's not even picking my phone calls" she choked on her words, trying so hard not to cry.

"That's just so messed up. You have messed up, big time, so don't wait for him to try to rectify this, if he ever will. It's up to you to try and fix this" she advised.

And she breathed deeply making up her mind to try to fix everything no matter what it took.

•••

Heyyy guys..
So here's this chapter
How do you like it?
Yay or nay or maybe?
I just didn't know how to end this chapter 😂😂

QOTD: what's the most annoying thing a teacher has ever done to you? 

So...
Vote
Comment
Follow
Share

IG: Aishagoje
Twitter: AmatullahAG
Snapchat: Amatullah_goje

Love
AmatullahAG ❤️