OM 19

Abu al-'Abbas 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas, radiyallahu anhuma, reported: One day I was behind the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, and he said to me:
"O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you (have need to) ask, ask of Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that even if the Nation (or the whole community) were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with something, they would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded against you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

[Al-Tirmidhi relates this and says: It is a good, genuine Hadith]

In a version other than that of al-Tirmidhi it reads:
"...Be mindful of Allah, you will find Him before you. Get to know Allah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity. Know that what has passed you by was not going to befall you; and that what has befallen you was not going to pass you by. And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship."

•••

"What?" Abdulrahman's voice was awfully calm, as it pierced the silence that has blanketed them for a mere minute.

"You did what?" Abdulraheem said, his eyes had a dangerous glint to it as he tried to decipher what Fahad just said.

"I'm sorry" Fahad voice shook as he repeated the same words he had been saying since he broke the news to them.

Abdulraheem's fist connected with Fahad's nose and his posture faltered as he slightly bent cradling his nose. He hadn't recovered when he felt another one to his jaw, and it sure hurt as heck. Abdulraheem kept punching him but he didn't retaliate because he knew he deserved it. Abdulrahman forcefully dragged Abdulraheem off of him.

"For God sake calm down, I know he did wrong but at least hear him out" he scolded Abdulraheem.

Abdulraheem looked at him, his chest heaving up and down as he breathed hard. "Explain" he said in a hard voice.

Fahad nodded and let out a sigh. "I warned him not to do anything illegal. You have to believe me when I say I didn't know he was going to do that." He gingerly touched his jaw before wincing because of the throbbing pain. He's really going to need a high dose of painkillers and a good night sleep to fix that.

"I believe you" Abdulrahman said. "But I'm disappointed in your cowardice, if you didn't want the marriage why didn't you go to Hajiya Iya and talk to her, rather being the coward you are, you hid away while letting someone else fight your battle. While forgetting that Aysha is as much of a pawn as you are. You couldn't muster the little courage to confront Hajiya Iya and now if anything happen, if the video gets released to the public, Aysha's name will be the one dragged in the mud whereby she's completely innocent"

Fahad's face portrayed the guilt and shame he felt deep down. He bowed his head unable to face them for he has wronged them, he was the one that helped them to chase the boys who had dare to flirt, tease or hurt her whereas now he's the one who I'd hurting her.

"Believe me I tried to stop the wedding but when I told dad Hajiya Iya convinced dad and you know how our dads are with their mum, he agreed with her and wouldn't allow me to talk to him, talk less of trying to convince him. Umma tried to help but then it started to cause a conflict between them. He started coming home late just to avoid us and he stopped talking to us. When Adnan said he was going to help me, I saw a flicker of hope and I believed him because he promised not to do anything illegal. I really can't express how guilty and sorry I feel right now."

"We've heard you man. But you've got to fix this" Abdulrahman said.

"I know and I'm planning to, but please don't tell Aysha anything"

"Of course we're going to tell her she has to know" they both looked at him confused.

"I know, but I want to be the one to tell her"

"Suit yourself" they shrugged before going away, leaving him alone.

He barged into the small room contained by Adnan and he was immediately enveloped with the smell cigarette. The paint was chipping, the once red carpet has turned into a nasty brown colour. A small mattress in the middle of the room with a bed sheet that looked like it has seen better days, the windows had a makeshift curtain made from Ankara. The floor was littered with bottles of alcohol and dirty clothes. Adnan sat on the mattress with a bottle of alcohol in a hand and cigarette in the other.

"Kai guy, ina duniyar sama" he slurred as he took a swig of his alcohol. His face was still covered from bruises he got from Fahad earlier.

"Adnan where is the real video?" He gave him a cold glance, as he went straight to the point, no need for beating around the bush.

"No greetings?" He joked standing up.

"Look I'm not here to play, so stop playing around"

"Okay. Killjoy" he stumbled to find his footing then he bent down and carried a dirty jeans, he bought out a flash drive from the pocket and handed it to him. Fahad carried Adnan's beat up laptop that was on the bed, it was a surprise he hadn't sold it while looking for money to buy drugs.

He connected the flash drive and saw the unedited video. "Are you sure you don't have another copy?" He asked.

"No, I don't" he shook his head.

"You better be saying the truth" he said.

"Haba mana, don't you trust me?" He jested with a smirk playing in his lips.

"The trust I had in you broke from the moment you broke your promise" he glared at him. "Listen, this should be the last time you talk to me anymore, don't you dare contact me. I can't be associated with you again, because I don't think I can ever forgive you for what you did" he turned away heading to the door.

"What? But I did that to help you" Adnan said confused.

"Well you didn't" he said opening the door.

"Man, come back let's talk!" He tried to persuade him to come back.

"Goodbye" he said slamming the door shut behind him.

•••

'Ello baes
What do you think of this chapter?
Personally its not my favorite but then I had to give you guys something, eh?

So you guys have finally seen things from Fahad's POV. I see many people are angry with him, but you've seen how sorry he was, kun gamsu or does he need to do more? 😂😂

Vote
Comment 💬
Share 🔄

Allah Hafiz,
AmatullahAG ❤️