Chapter Four: The Twins

Start from the beginning

I smiled back at him, feeling a small leap in my chest.

“I don’t know whether to laugh or to thank you,” I said.

“I think both will do perfectly fine,” he said.

I chuckled. “Well, then, thanks.”

“So, Ravenclaw, do you want to come help me and George with a little prank?” Fred asked.

“Er… I don’t know…” I said, trailing off. I needed to study for a quiz on Friday for Charms. “I’ve got things to do…”

“Oh, come on, an hour away from the library won’t kill you,” Fred pressed on.

“Erm, well, I have a quiz on Friday…” I muttered.

“George and I will help you study tomorrow,” he said. “Come on, you won’t regret this!”

I swallowed. Would I regret this? Well, it’s never to early to find out.

“Okay, I’ll help you,” I said.

Fred grinned. He grabbed my wrist and took off in a run. I was short – almost a foot shorter than Fred – and I had a very hard time keeping up, so by the time he slowed down, he was practically dragging me.

The halls were unfamiliar to me, and I barely got a look around when Fred shoved me headfirst into a broom cupboard. In the dim light, I could make out another tall figure. I was pretty sure that it was George.

Lumos,” I heard Fred whisper and a small light was produced.

“I see you brought our ickle first year friend,” George said, winking at me.

“I heard that she was good at Charms,” said Fred with a shrug.

“I’ve heard that both of you were good at Charms,” I said. “Why do you need me?”

“I told you we’d help you study, didn’t I?” Fred said.

“Why did I agree to this?” I asked him.

“Because you like me.” Fred grinned at me.

Hopefully, neither of the twins could see my face heating up in the dim light.

“What happens if we get caught?” I said, biting my lip.

“Don’t worry, we’ll just tell McGonagall that you were in the wrong place at the wrong time,” George said, waving a hand in the air lazily.

“Um, so what do you do need me to do?” I inquired, shifting from foot to foot.

George gave me a mischievous grin as Fred leaned down to whisper in my ear.

~x~

The next morning, Terry and I were greeted with the sound of the Weird Sisters as we walked to the Great Hall for breakfast. All of the suits of armor that line the walls had been charmed to sing as loud as they possible could. Oh, the brilliance of the twins.

In the Great Hall, Fred and George greeted Terry and me merrily.

“We quite like your handiwork,” Fred said as he flung his arm around my shoulders.

“You mean you did all that with the armor?” Terry asked, sounding impressed.

“They came up with idea, but they made me do all the spell work,” I said, scowling.

“Well, well, well, Miss Black, I am quite impressed,” said a cold voice behind us.

The four of us whipped around to find Professor Snape looking down upon us with the deepest of hate.

“I would think that a Ravenclaw such as yourself would know how to control herself, but it seems that you’re not all as clever as you deem yourselves,” Snape sneered. “Five points from Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. Mr. Weasley, you and your twin shall be serving detention with me down in the dungeons for the next week. Miss Black, I will let you off with a warning, but if I find you pulling anymore pranks, you will be stuck with a week of detention like your friends here.”

With that, he swept past us to the staff table.

I swayed on the spot, and Fred had to grab me by the shoulders to keep me from falling face first on the ground.

“You all right, Lu?” he asked.

“Just spiffy,” I said weakly.

“Sorry, Lu, we didn’t think you’d actually get in trouble,” George said.

“It’s fine, but can you two not include me in any of your pranks for a while?” I asked.

“So you’ll help us with pranks again, right?” Fred grinned excitedly.

I felt myself turning pink.

“If you really want me to,” I said.

“Good,” said Fred. He leaned down to kiss me on the cheek before he and George moved off the to the Gryffindor table.

As Terry and I sat down at the Ravenclaw table, I felt lightheaded. The spot on my cheek where Fred had kissed me tingled.

“I think I can die happy now, Terry,” I said, my voice still feeble.

He snickered.

“Somebody’s got a crush,” he cooed.

“Shut up or I’ll hex you,” I said.

~x~

OMG YOU GUISE. Tomorrow starts my last week of school! Then I have two and half months to write all I want.

Well, technically, that's not true. See, next year I'll be a Freshmen and I'll be taking AP English, but to do that, I have to read Farhrenheit 451 and write a journal over it, and then in August I have band and stuff. But, still, I'll have more time to do all this a junk. <3

-Sean :3