Welcome Miss Assassin

"Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Time is running out now.

The rabbits clock has finally stopped.

Hatter's screaming will not halt. 

Cut off her head and sing again, 

To another adventure of death again!"

I woke up, drenched in sweat. That dream again, that fucking dream. I rubbed my face, I hated that dream. The one where that little girl was singing for murder. Now, I've been around enough psychopaths to not be disturbed anymore, but this was creepy. It was a random little girl, different every time. I've been getting these creepy dreams ever since Kawahira gave me the Sky Arcobaleno Pacifier. I've talked to Aria and Yuni about the Pacifier before I "locked it up", and they never mentioned getting dreams like mine. Only dreams of the future. So unless there were going to be multiple kids singing the same song while killing people, I was going to assume that something was wrong. My Hyper Intuition was nagging at me, hinting that something about the dream wasn't normal, not that it was to begin with. I rose from my bed, heading to the bathroom to prep myself. It was an hour before Kou would come and drag me for training, and I wasn't going back to sleep after that lovely dream. Crossing the room, I caught a glimpse of something, or better yet someone, out of the corner of my eye. It was a girl, not a child, but at least my age. No, not my age. She was older, an adult stuck in a child's body (Now where did I hear that before?). She had black hair in pigtails, deathly pale skin, piercing red eyes, and if that wasn't creepy enough she wore a maid uniform covered in blood. We made eye contact, both frozen until she ran. I moved without realizing it, jumping out my window and chasing her. It was difficult, she obviously had years of getting away from someone, but thankfully Reborn and Kou taught me something in the art of pursuing. 

She was turning the corner to Namimori Middle School when I halted. Just in time for an sharp object to pass by me, I turned my head in the direction of the assault. To see the maid I was chasing sitting on a lamppost. Now, most would think it was a twin, but I knew it wasn't the case here. She gave me a smile, a smile that sent shivers down my spine. Neither of us spoke, the silence of the early morning prominent. She whispered, the sound failing to reach my ears, I asked her,

"Are you with the Orologio Familigia? What did you say?" She just smiled, I opened my mouth to ask her another question, when the coolness of metal touched my neck. I looked out of the corner of my eye to see to hint of black hair and pale skin, I brought my eyes back to the maid to see her gone. My eyes narrowed, "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Madeline, I've come to assist you Vongola," she said, surprising me. "I have been keeping tabs on you, Byakuran was helpful in providing information."

"Byakuran? He gave you information? For what price?"

"I stole it." I was silent as I contemplated my next response. She removed the knife she held to my neck and put it away. I turned to her, seeing her this close I could smell the blood and death she carried. I crinkled my nose in disturbance. She looked down at her outfit when I did, seeming to realize that she was covered in blood, it must've embarrassed her since a blush covered her cheeks. "Sorry, I should've cleaned myself before I approached you. I know how much you disapprove of killing."

"Yes, I'm not to fond of it. Please try avoiding killing anyone unless necessary, even if it is necessary just, just knock them out," she nodded, fiddling with the edge of her skirt. "Now, why do you want to help me? Not that I'm against it, but I'm truly curious."

"Don't you already know? Must've known the moment you saw me." I smiled and let out a small laugh,

"No, no, no, I can't read minds. I just have a really good intuition."