First Warning

A week, it's been a week since Reborn took my Guardians to Italy. It was weird not waking up to an hammer slamming into my head, or having the sound of bickering resonate in my ears. The house was oddly quiet, even Okaa-san (*mom- I won't be putting words in different languages that often) was feeling uneasy. I would see her nearly prepare an huge mount of food by instinct. She'd catch herself, but I could tell she was feeling a bit lonely from the lack of children. I-pin was in China paying a visit to Fon, who was recently very busy so he couldn't come down to Namimori. Fuuta went to Italy himself with Reborn, he needed to tell Lancia something in person and wouldn't tell anyone what it was. I tiptoed downstairs, I knew that Okaa-san had went out to visit some friends that hasn't seen for quite some time, but it was so quiet that it was weird to make noise. I sat down at the table, having snatched an apple and some yogurt beforehand. There was no training today, Kou had to pay a visit to her father so she told him to take it easy and go on a ten kilometer run some time today. Even though she was kicked out of her family her dad still saw her occasionally. Her uncle apparently was the head of the Yakuza group her family was apart of, and when she was kicked out her grandfather was the one to sentence her. The Oldman seemed to favor her uncle since her father was a child so her uncle controlled his group the exact way her grandfather did, so that's why she isn't allowed to join again. Though, I could tell Kou had no intention to begin with, she seems to hold a grudge against her old family, but understandable, I don't exactly agree with how they run things. 

I sighed, lost in my thoughts. I was worried, about my Guardians, for Kou (what happened if someone saw her father meeting her?), and for myself. I was fairly confidant that I could take care of the situation without dragging the people I cared about, but I wasn't confidant that I was going to get out of it unscathed. Kou was aware that the Sky Pacifier to the Arcobaleno set wasn't locked, but she wasn't aware of the other dangers involved. All she knew was that it was valuable and if others found out about it they'd try to steal it. But that was't sure at all, well it was true but it honestly wasn't that valuable since only a few people could use the Pacifier. There was a familigia that was after the Pacifier, and they can use the Pacifier, I haven't been able to find out which familigia it was, it wasn't a well known one though, if it was I would have known who it was sooner. When Kawahira gave me the Pacifier he gave me all he knew about this family. Which wasn't much but it gave me a clue not to take them lightly. They didn't care about the lives of civilians, but they preferred to stay out of the spotlight. It seems that they have a group similar to the Varia, and possibly even stronger than them. That was enough to make sure that my Guardians didn't get involved. We might've fought the Varia before, but we barely managed. 

I ran a hand through my hair, another sigh escaping my lips. I couldn't stand it, the pressure I was left with. Kawahira said he wasn't allowed to meddle in such affairs because he didn't know how dire the situation was, or whether the Tri-Net-Set was in actual danger. So me being the trustworthy person I am, he automatically thought he could let me handle it without my agreement. I have to admit, within my first week of training with Kou I feel like my skill has actually improved. With Reborn it was about how much I could improve in such a short time that I improved in short small intervals. Also, Reborn wasn't the most patient person in the world so he never actually explained my training or helped tell me what I was doing wrong, because I needed to be able to figure things out myself if I was going to be the next boss of Vongola. A small grin emerged on my face, even though I kept denying that I wasn't going to be Decimo, I already accepted my fate, I don't have much I can tease Reborn with without nearly dying. Refusing my position is the best I can do. As if sensing my thoughts a knife crashed into the window, stabbing down on the table. I stared in shock at it, I didn't sense it at all, well to be fair I haven't learned how to utilize my Hyper Intuition yet. I sprung up from my seat, pulling my gloves on. Kou had told me to carry them wherever I go, looks like she was right to tell me to. 

Taking precaution I made my way around the broken glass and towards the window that the knife broke. I scanned the area with sharp eyes, I managed to see a cloaked figure before they disappeared with Mist Flames. My Intuition told me that the cloaked man wasn't a Mist User, so that meant his partner was close, I ran out the house using my Intuition to guide me to the best of my abilities. I was greeted with good results as I turned a corner and saw the man enter a van, I pulled out my phone just as the van took off, I focused my camera and took a picture. I grinned with delight at my success, that quickly disappeared as a rough voice came behind me.

"I recommend you delete that picture Vongola." I turned around slowly, looking up to see a bald muscled man. He looked like he was part of the Yakuza, so he was probably hired to take care of any disturbances. I smiled an innocent smile, hoping that would get me out the situation. That obviously wasn't the case as he threw a punch towards me. I quickly avoided and threw my own punch, activating my Flames along the way. We traded blow after blow, I wanted to take it easy and not hurt him too much. That wasn't going to happen apparently because he seemed to get madder every second the fight drew out. I, of course, had a plan. I had been slowly directing us towards the main road, which happened to be holding a festival. As we were about to emerge out onto it I deactivated my Flames and ran, Macho-Man following me. I purposely tripped and screeched,

"P-please don't h-hurt me! I didn't d-do anything! I'm so sorry for bumping into y-you!" A crowd gathered and a mummer broke out amongst the crowd. A man stepped out of the crowd, his phone held in position to call the police.

"Sir, if you don't leave the boy alone I'll call the police. He did nothing wrong," the man said. The bad guy turned towards him to yell before realizing that wouldn't help his case. He glared at me when he realized that I was intending this the entire time. He left, the man looking at his retreating figure. The man lifted the phone he was holding to his mouth and spoke some words, I grinned. It was just my luck that the man that who threatened to call the police was actually a policeman himself. A couple of people helped me up and asked if I needed to go to the hospital, I explained the situation, lying of course, saying I was fine and that I just wanted to go home. Some of them gave me their number to call just in case the bad guy came back. I gave thanks and went home. 

Upon arriving I used my Intuition to check for danger, it was telling me I was in the clear, but I was still wary. I went back to kitchen, where the knife innocently stood, a piece of paper on the table that the knife stabbed down. I pulled the knife out of the table and set it down, picking the paper up I read what it said.

Dear Vongola Decimo,

I recommend that if you want to stay alive you listen to what I say. I know that you have the Arcobaleno Sky Pacifier, and I want it. Meet my men at XXX XXXX XXX. If you don't, well let's put it simply, your family will die. I made this letter short, just because I know how stupid you teenagers can be. Your an outsider to the mafia world, your not suited for this life, you grew up without any acknowledgment. So, I know that you'd prefer this end without blood. In return, I'll help you return to your normal civilian life, and my Familigia will leave you alone. I sincerely hope you understand.

Yours Truly,

I'ottavo Capo di Orologio (Eighth Boss of Clock) [Google Translate] 

I crumpled the paper and set it on fire. That asshole just threatened my (f)Family. But, what does he mean he'll help me return to me civilian life, I'm the only heir. Unless he means to take Vongola down to the ground. He better be prepared, because he must think I wasted my time just to give up this easily. A dark look passed my face as I dialed a number.

"Bermuda-san? Yeah, I need your help."

====================================

Well there we go! A new chapter update! I'm going to either update on Saturday or Sunday, so look out for those days! If I don't update go ahead and send me a message about it. I most likely am being lazy, I'm writing a piece that took longer than expected to write, or writers block. I return since it's been two weeks since I've updated, I present you this long chapter!

Until then, peace out Anti-socialist!

~Narwhal-sama