---

"His Majesty asked to meet at the Imperial Graveyard." Eunuch Wǎn said as he led the way out of the palace, on the horse carriage as they traveled to the sacred place of the Imperial Family. The little girl was still looking around excitedly, seeing a whole new world beyond hers. The carriage was luxurious, of course it could not be compared to the one she saw yesterday. However, it was way much more luxurious than the one she took on her journey to the Capital City. It took them not too long to reach the graveyard and they descended the carriage. She looked around and there were routes and paths and she could see the mounds of graves of people she did not know. She walked again following the eunuch until she saw her aunt talking to a man who wore a cloak covering his features. Without second thoughts, she released the hand of Pī Yáng and dashed towards her aunt.

"Aunt!" She lifted her dress slightly as she ran towards Ān Yú. Both her and the man were surprised and they turned to look at her.

"Yi-!" He aunt almost shouted her name but she stopped. She saw her aunt hurriedly opening her arms and caught her in them. She hugged her aunt tightly and peeked at the man hiding behind the cloak. She could not see his face properly but she knew he was at least not a bad person.

"Kneel quick, meet His Majesty." Yì Róng just dropped to her knees and never lifted her eyes to meet Emperor Míng(Ming). Pī Yáng also immediately dropped down to her knees, her hands in front of her.

"Who is this child?" He asked, but no one answered. He was just returned with silence. Seeing how he was not going to get any answer from anyone, he turned to ask the girl herself.

"Little girl, what is your name?"

"M-my name is Yì Róng." He remembered that name, very well. How could he possibly forget that name? At the same time, he found Ān Yù's face losing all its colours. She must be extremely scared inside, scared that he would find out and take her away.

"Good girl, Yì Róng. Can you tell me, she is your who?" Emperor Míng pointed at Ān Yù.

"My Aunt."

"Okay Yì Róng, can you go and play somewhere else first?" He asked again, and then the little girl was taken away by Pī Yáng. Later that night, the three settled into a small house-or hut-located at the outskirts of the graveyard.

"We will stay here. We will clean the graves. We no longer need to find firewood or herbs to sell for money. The palace will pay us once every full moon."

Of course she was scared, she was merely a little girl. Of course she did not have the guts to be running around the graves of strangers, cleaning them. She still knew the existence of ghosts, she had heard of them. But she knew, she could not disobey. She had to be an obedient child. So she had never disobeyed her aunt or sister, not once.

"And Yì Róng." Ān Yù spoke again.

"Yes?"

"From today onwards, your name will be Yì Rán, okay?" It was surprising for everyone, especially the girl. Even Pī Yáng was surprised, however the next moment she immediately realised why Ān Yù said so. She sighed and turned around, unpacking their belongings.

"W-why?" The girl was confused. She was used to her name, why must she change? It was so unfair, why her? Why only her? First, they had to move away, now her name was also going to be taken away from her?

"Because... Yì Róng is a dangerous name. Your name from today onwards is...Yì Rán(Yiran)."

A dangerous name, so she did not think too much. As her aunt said it was dangerous, it must be dangerous, and she did not inquire anymore than that. She believed her aunt, as simple as that.