Prologue

Sarah’s pov

I thought love was meant to be forever, I thought that love could never fade. I thought that he was the one. He broke my wall and was the only one that ever could, I just didn’t think he could or would break me too. It hurts. It’s like there’s a brick just stuck in my heart and it’s sinking, I feel as though I have no oxygen, I’m drowning. This wasn’t meant to happen this wasn’t the plan. It hurts. I can’t fully comprehend what has happened, it feels as if I’m reading a book and this is happening to someone else, the only way I know that it is me this is happening to me is by the constant ache in my chest.

‘Sarah?’ I hear my name being called from downstairs, but I can’t respond I don’t even know how to respond. How do you tell your mum that the boy she considered a son broke your only daughters’ heart and said daughter doesn’t know how to carry on. I feel like I’m hardly breathing. How could he do this?

How could he do this to me? To my mum? To our families?

I feel like my heart is hardly beating, I never knew that this type of pain existed. I feel like I’m just hanging on, by a tiny thread. My heart is broken. I don’t know how it will ever be healed.

There’s a light tap on my door, but I can’t react, I can’t do anything. I don’t want to do anything. I just want to be left alone.

‘Hey Sarah sweetie, Emma rang and told me what happened. I’m so sorry pet, is there anything I can get you?’ I can feel my mum’s presence in the room, just at the end of the bed. I just want to scream, yell, fight, break things; I just want to feel something other than this numbing pain that doesn’t want to go away.

The bed dips as my mum sits on it and her hand gently brushes my hair away from my face. I want to crawl in her arms, I want to cry, I want to feel. But I can’t I can tell that my body is shutting down, all I can do is just stare at the window and the dark grey clouds circling above the garden. It’s as if they know how I’m feeling. I can barely feel my mum stroking my hair, I’m numb. ‘Honey, I’m here when you need me, just try not to shut me out. Your father and I will be just downstairs; I’ve left some dinner at the end of your bed. Please eat.’ I feel something soft pressed against my forehead and then it’s gone, and they leave.

How long will I be like this? When will I be normal again? When will he realise that he made a mistake?

I turn over on my bed and slowly let sleep take over me, hoping that this is just all a nightmare, wishing today never happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 votes for next chapter please!

Thanks Lauren xx