"Oh! I'm fine. I just have...lectures really early and I have to get going."

I suddenly remember its Saturday and I cringe slightly but I'm glad to see that he doesn't call me out on my obvious fib.

He looks from eye to eye and then releases my hand. I force a smile and turn around feeling his cool stare like darts on my back as I leave his home.

✦✧✦

Immediately I get out of his sights, I pull my phone out and call Dylan. To be honest I don't know why but it's the only thing I can think to do now. I'm too shaken to pretend I'm not and I don't really know this side of town.

I'm impatient as I wait for him to pick up and I know for once I will actually be disappointed if he doesn't.

"Hey...? Scar?"

Immediately he picks up I press the phone to my ear glad to hear his voice and I'm too relieved to overthink about it. He sounds so tired and groggy, I feel bad having woken him up so early as I stare at the still dark skies.

"Dylan."

I feel the change in his tone as he moves on the end of the line. Maybe it's because I actually called him by his name for the first time or maybe I just sound pathetic right now.

"Yeah, are you ok? What's up? It's..."

There's a pause

"6am on Saturday?"

His voice is so soft and I'm thankful for that, I feel like I might crack if it wasn't.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I just need your help. I'm kinda...stuck in some part of town I don't know so well. I didn't know anyone else to call and I know it's early and I'm sorry to bother-"

"You're not bothering me, Scar. Where are you? I'll come get you. I'm glad you called me."

I find myself smiling again as I try to explain where I am to him and listen to him getting dressed in the background.

"Alright, I know that area. Arlo lives around there. I'll be there soon. Hold on."

"...Alright."

I try not to sound too put off by the mention of Arlo and hope Dylan doesn't catch on.

I sit on the curb hoping I don't look as bad as I feel, pulling my coat tighter against the cold.

In less than ten minutes, I see an old burnt-orange truck turning the corner and I know who it is almost immediately. I'm on my feet and moving closer as I see Dylan's familiar toothy grin.

The ride is quiet, not the awkward kind of quiet but the comfortable quiet with pleasant music playing in the background. It's something nice and soothing but I can't place it so I don't bother. I can tell Dylan has a trailer load of questions but he's holding back and that's great because I don't think I have answers. Not yet. I give him directions to my place over the calm music and look out the window busying myself as usual with the duty of naming people I can see out this early.

When we arrive at my apartment building I don't realize it until Dylan puts the radio off and turns to me. I turn to him and give him a small smile in return to his warm one.

"This is me."

I say softly as I slide my hair out of my face.

"Can I come visit some other time?"

I chuckle and shake my head amused at how tentative and hopeful he sounds.

"If you're comfortable with that!"

He rushes to say and I can't help but throw my head back in a fit of laughter. When I glance at Dylan, he looks amazed and just stares at me oddly and I arch a brow.

"You're not an ice queen all the time."

I'm not even upset in the slightest at the statement. I'm grateful for the laugh. I haven't had one in a while.

"Thank you, Dylan."

I can see the look on his face now when I say his name and he looks lost in a surprised kind of way. It's cute.

"You can always call me. I'm only one call away."

"Charlie Puth much?"

We share a laugh and I slide out of his warm truck into the cold, slamming the door behind me as I walk quickly towards the apartment building.

"Oh! You can come over but you have to call first!"

I call back just as he's about to pull out and he give me a flash of his canines happily. I don't watch him drive away but I hear him go as I rush into the warmth of the apartment lobby.

✦✧✦