Chapter 12

My dreams were plagued with dark thoughts: previous assassination targets.

I never forget anyone I have assassinated, never.

There was, however, one strange dream. It seemed as if I were awake, something burned on my forearm, but it wasn't enough to wake me.

I heard receding footsteps before zoning out, not quite sure if it was a dream or reality...

Bright lights shone on my face, waking me up slowly.

I stared at the ceiling for a few minutes before blinking quite a lot, my bones felt like led and my stomach would not stop grumbling.

"Scarlett... I'm hungry." I croaked out pleadingly, surprised to hear a shuffle of footsteps before she peered inside.

"Oh good, you're awake. I got you breakfast." Scarlett smiled, handing me a plate of cooked eggs as she sat me up, brushing my hair and finding an outfit to wear.

"Are you feeling better?" She asked me.

I nodded slightly, "Sorry to put you in a panic. I should be fine."

"You should be sorry, nearly have me a heart attack, you did." She grumbled. However Scarlett could not hide that little smile across her lips.

I merely shrugged before continuing to eat in silence.

"What day is it?" I asked when I had finished, setting the plate down.

"Today is Friday, tomorrow you're going to the ball with Nix... Which reminds me; he would hardly leave your side while you slept. In the end I hurried him out to have breakfast." Scarlett sighed, in the end picking a faded purple dress, rimmed with silver.

It was quite pretty, with a slim figure that stood out slightly.

"He did?" I asked while she dressed me, trying to tie up my hair but I slapped her hand away in protestation.

Scarlett huffed indignantly, "Yes he did. Let me tie your hair up, you look so much better with it."

"No." I replied, yet again slapping her hand away from my hair.

"Fine. Today I've sent you to a lady who will teach you how to be mannerly, as you are obviously lacking in that department." Scarlett noted.

I sighed inwardly, why?

"I can be a lady if I please." I pouted.

Scarlett snorted, "Uh huh."

My my, we are sassy.

"Whatever. When is it?" I asked.

"In... An hour. You and Nix will be joining her. She lives on Jenid street in the big White House, her name is Fiona. I just hope she can deal with you. Oh, and she knows about us." Scarlett added in a hush, looking around as if there was somebody hiding behind the curtains or something.

"Do I have to go?" I pleaded.

"Yes. Go on and find Nix, bring your weapons in case."

"Of course. I always do." I muttered, rubbing my eye with my wrist.

Muttering a thanks I exited my room, the long dress skintight in my body, save for my legs.

It took half an hour to find Nix, he nodded and looked me up and down, giving me a smirk before linking his elbow with mine.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

His smile didn't falter once, "We are suppose to act like a gentleman and a lady. I want you to prove that you can be a lady, starting from now."

"Ooh. Is that a challenge?" I asked, I was totally up for the challenge.

"Yes it is." He replied.

I stood straighter and started to carry myself with more elegance, "Well sir Nix, shall we be off?" I politely asked, my voice a notch higher.

Nix stared at me with astonishment before laughing, "Why yes, Lady Midna. Let us be on our way."

Even I couldn't hide my smile, together we strode down the streets of Arliean, many heads turning our way.

Nix directed me to the left where Jenid street lay, I cast a quick glance around.

Many exits. Good.

What Fiona probably didn't know was that I had my daggers strapped on either side of my thigh, with absolutely no hesitance to slice somebody up, ladylike or not.

Nix knocked on the light redwood door, waiting patiently. In hardly any time at all I was face to face with an older lady.

"Ah yes. Midna and Nix I presume? Come in, come in." Fiona muttered, leading us inside and shutting the door.

Fiona was taller then me with jet black hair, tied back in a bun with a lovely grey dress, some black embroidery strewn on it.

"Let's get started then, shall we?"