Chapter 18

I woke up to a giant surprise.

I forced myself to not scream.

Basically lying right in front of me was Nix, I can't tell who had rolled over in the night. Maybe we both had... But this would be considered me snuggling up to him, my face only inches from his and my body pressed against him for warmth.

Shifting would only arouse him, but maybe if I did it ever so slightly...

I attempted it.

No no no.

Nix's eyes opened as he gave me a sleepy smile, probably feeling how I was pressed up against him.

"Saw the chance and you took it, huh?" He smirked, my heart was filled with a fluttery feeling. But now I was really feeling awkward, this had never happened to me before. I had never slept with a guy, especially not in that way.

As a reply I squeaked, disgusted in myself as I cleared my throat. I am Midna, best assassin. I could deal with this.

"No. You must have rolled over to me..." I stated, giving him a glare in which I'm sure made his skin prickle.

"Whatever the case, I'm still tired. So shush." Nix pouted, closing his eyes and breathing deeply before... I swear he inched closer to me...

"Nix. We have an assassination target... Nix." I growled when he didn't answer, his eyes snapping open. "Come on. Get up." I continued, starting to shift myself out of bed.

But it was really warm... And comfortable... Maybe that was just Nix?

Wait what? No way!

I shook my head, clearing that thought.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded.

Wait a minute... "I have an important statement to make that could change the future and probably will. You'll have to get up out of bed first." I smiled innocently, completely aware of his cliche thinking; me confessing my undying love for him. Like they say in the books.

Hah I wish!

Immediately Nix was on his feet, looking at me with interest even though he tried to hide it, his eyes were wide and slight frown wrinkles emerged from his skin.

"I'm hungry." I said, flashing my pearly whites as Nix groaned.

"Ha ha ha. So life-changing." He muttered, pulling on his shirt. Naturally he would change later.

"Yes. It is life changing, because I need to eat. And that may take time." Yet again with the smile, as if hell itself was formed into a human, namely: me.

Sauntering over to the cupboard, I picked an outfit. Well... Fighting outfit... It was a full body suit, coated in black with some of the toughest material around. Even though it looked like steel. I grabbed my twin blades and stuck them to my sides, moving my hips to make sure they wouldn't accidentally cut me.

The jet black contemplated on my pale skin, bringing out my seen green eyes with such ferocity that my looks could kill.

I tried it out, turning around and giving Nix a big, long death glare.

He shifted under my gaze, "What did I do?" He whined slightly. Well... Faux whined.

Trying to make my features look blank I shrugged, taking the outfit to the bathroom for a much-needed bath. "Go grab your stuff and have a bath or something... I'll be out in around half an hour. I also expect food on that table." I demanded, elegantly raising a finger in the direction of a small table. Fit for two.

Then I shut the door, not even waiting for his answer. Well he better have done the things I asked him, would he really want to anger me?

It took a while to get this damn dress off, especially the corset. Which was like a puzzle in itself. By the time it was finally off, and the bath was filled with hot water, I jumped in and submerged myself under the steamy water, ignoring the burn it gave me.

After I could hold my breath no longer I shot my head out, breathing deeply as I washed my hair and grabbed the vanilla scented soap.

What? I'm a vanilla girl!

After what I'm sure was half an hour, or an hour, I finally forced my leaden legs to get me out of the tub, grabbing a soft, plush towel as I dried myself off, stringing it around my hair to at least dry it out partly. Then I put on my battle suit.

When the door opened I realised I could see clearly, the steam had fogged up my eyes a bit. But a heavy cloud of steam wafted through the air and into the room, where Nix sat at the table, two breakfasts plates in front of him, his golden hair wet and giving a shade of brown.

Calmly he sipped his tea, looking at me with humour.

"Done?" Nix asked.

Frisky I nodded, sitting myself down. "Thanks... For getting breakfast." I mumbled, eyeing his suit. It was much like mine, the armour of a skilled assassin... That's what Nix was I guess. A skilled assassin.

Huh...

In about ten minutes of silent eating I was done, quietly drinking the tea. I think it was jasmine, with a touch of mint.

"It's from another state. The mountains I think." Nix said, pointing to the tea. No wonder it had such a different taste, it wasn't even from around these parts.

Setting the tea cup down I stood up, realising Nix had finished a while ago, before looking at him. "Let's go spy on this Rodrigues guy." I muttered, having a sly smile on.

"Remember, no killing until we have all the useful information we need." Nix added, hesitantly I nodded, rolling my eyes for drama.

"Wait wait. There is an easier way out of the castle." I smiled, heading beside my room, kicking stuff out of the way as I knocked a few times on the door, finding the correct spot before leaning against it with all my might. An ear-splitting creak filled the air as the stone wall moved, revealing a secret passage. I could only thank Blade for getting me to memorise the tunnels, weeks it took. Especially when first off he shut me in them, telling me he would be waiting in the pavilion. With many passing hours I found it, every day of that week he would put me in again, setting up traps while having me blindfolded and telling me to find him in the court.

I smiled wickedly at the memory, one time I messed up, getting an arrow shot in my side. But Blade isn't that considerate or forgiving, he wants the best of me.

"Let's go." I smiled to Nix, looking through the tunnels. Of course he knew about them, he accidentally found one.

Without shivering, I stepped through, my footsteps clattering on the stone as I lead Nix to the Guild's courtyard.