The Red Castle

"Idiots

"Idiots."

The Mushroom sunk and broke beneath his purple vans, and his hand reached out to grab the navy bubble wand from the top. He felt his own lips twirl up in to a Cheshire grin as he looked it over. Stupid girl, leaving behind Absolem's bubble wand. He couldn't help but think that the once wise caterpillar had completely lost it when he put such a powerful item into the trust of his ditsy daughter. Though, he was grateful for it.

He chuckled deeply, running a hand through his wild blonde curls and hurrying back to his horse. His steed stood tall with a magnificent black coat and around him, was surrounded by half of the Queen's army in their red and white Jack of Hearts uniforms.

He mounted, tucking the navy wand into his pocket. "Hiya!" He kicked his heels into his riding horse's stomach and with a loud cry the horse took off. It's hooves pounding against the compact dirt and the army men following around him like a protective bubble.

He felt his lips turn into a cruel smile as he rode, he knew Queen Heart would be pleased with his discovery.

The Red Castle stood high above Wonderland at the top of the highest hill. It was decorated in a shimmering white with a deep red decorating the edges. The garden's that surrounded the castle along with the never ending maze was trimmed to perfection, to the Queen's likeness. One thing out of place and it was off with their head.

The doors to the throne room was thrown open and Queen Heart herself stood there, fuming. "Someone ate all my bumble-berry cakes!" She shrilled. The Jacks lining the walk way to her mighty thrown all stood straight. No one dared speak unless spoken to, no one dared to meet her sharp gaze for fear of losing their head.

She strode into the room without further ado, her red and gold dress billowing around her legs like a fountain of red water. Her blonde curls were delicately placed on her head with perfection, leaving her crown to sit elegantly on the top of her head.

She stomped up to the first Jack in the line of men, "Did you eat my bumble-berry cake?" She asked, a fine eyebrow arched.

"No, your majesty," He responded politely, his arms easily at his side and his back straight.

The Queen of Wonderland narrowed her eyes at him and let the sound of her heels clicking echo through the room as she approached the next one in line. "Did you?"

"No, your majesty." His response was the same, as was the other's in line each and every time she asked.

She was growing angrier, no one wanted to fess up. But, someone had taken her cakes which meant one of them was lying. She hated liars. She stared down the last one in the line and his Hazel eyes darted to his fellow solider on his right.

Queen Heart narrowed her eyes, darting her attention to him. He gulped audibly. Guilty, she silently accused. Her fingers flexed at her sides as she stood before him, starring up the bridge of her nose at the much larger man. Yet, he was the one to cower before her. "Did you steal my Bumble-berry cakes?" She whispered.