Genie In My Closet

As the moon hid and the sun raised, the light went through Nora's bedroom window.  It was morning time to travel. That was the only thing on her mind.  "Oh, wow, it's the perfect day to travel," she said as she went into the bathroom, took a shower and got dressed.  She placed her bags outside her bedroom door.  Then close her door and headed to the kitchen.

"Isn't it a beautiful day?" she said as she sat down to eat.  "Good morning Lady Nora. You are right it beautiful out there. Perfect day to travel." said Sir Arthur as he handed her some orange juice.    "I've left my bags in front of my bedroom door," she spoke as she ate.  "Fine, I'll take them to the front door.  I'll call you a cab, in half an hour.  Take your time and enjoy your breakfast.  You know Lady Nora, I will miss you.  It's going to be boring around here.  No one to tell me what to do." he said with a smile.   

"Really, Sir Arthur?  Is that a joke or are you really going to miss me?" she asked with a smile  "Of course, I'm really going to miss you.  Do me a favor, I promise your parents that I'll keep an eye on you at all times.  Give me a call every other day, that will indicate to me that you are all right." he said   "Fine, will do." she replied finishing her food.   "I'll return in a couple of minutes.  I need to go retrieve your bags," he said as he walked out of the kitchen.    Nora glanced and shook her head yes, with a smile and her mouth filled with food.

Sir Arthur carried her bags to the back door, which was in the kitchen.  Then he placed them on a pully.  He headed back to the kitchen picked up the phone and call a cab.   "So, are you ready to go?" he asked Nora  "I sure am," she replied as she grabbed her purse and headed out the kitchen door, and Sir Arthur walking right behind her.

When they both walked then Sir Arthur grabbed the pully and began pulling it down to the outside gates.   By the time they reached the gate, the cab appeared beeping the horn.  Sir Arthur took the bags outside the gates and handed them to the cabby, who then place them into the trunk.

"So, this is it.  Remember what I've told you," he said as he hugged her and gave her a kiss on the top of her head.  "Don't worry I won't forget and I will be fine.  I'll call you when I get there," she said as he opened the door and she went into the cab.  In seconds the cab was down the road,  and Nora is looking out the window waving goodbye.   

Sir Arthur waved back.  Then he went back behind the gates, locked them and grabbed the pully then headed back to the house.

"May God and your parents protect you, my child," he mutters as he went into the kitchen, fixed himself a plate and sat down to eat.

The cabby took Nora to the train station.  She quickly boards her train.  Kansas was a ten-hour train ride.  Sir Arthur had fixed her a special travel bag.  Which she did place in the overhead compartment.  She had that under her chair.  When the train took off, Nora fills fast asleep.  Time went by quickly as she slept.  Then Nora needs to go to the bathroom.  She opened her eyes slowly, wiping the drool from her mouth as she notices a tray of food on her table.  "Shit I must I've slept through dinner time.  I'll use the bath then I'll check out what they gave me to eat," she said as she got up and headed in that direction.  

She used the bathroom, washed her hands, then headed back to her seat.  The food was cold, it was a burger and fries.  "I'm can't eat this it's too cold.  Let me check what Sir Arthur put in this bag for me.  She had a thermos of hot chocolate, crackers, and cheese.  She had a roast beef sandwich with chips on the side.  "Wow, I do love that man.  I'm going to miss this," she said as she took the food the train attendant gave her and rapped it up and placed it inside her bag.  Then sat back and ate what Sir Arthur had fixed for her.  She enjoyed her food when she heard over the loudspeaker, "We need everyone to put everything away and fasten your seat belts. We'll be arriving in about twenty minutes.  I hope you had a pleasant trip with us. I hope you enjoy Kansas City." then the speaker went off.

"Oh, shit.  I not only slept through dinner.  I've slept through the entire trip." she whispered as she put her things away and fasten her seat belt.  "Oh, well, that was a good thing.  I can't believe already here," she said as she smiles and waited for the train to stop.