Cazanette - Having fun

CHAPTER ONE - Having fun

          It was already five o'clock in the afternoon and I feel like I was losing my breath as I rushed myself to get ready before my two male friends pick me up. These are all caused by our classmate, a petite porcelain-like skinned lady and our friend Brix's ultimate crush, who gave Brix a ticket for three to the newly opened amusement park in our small city. Since it was my first time to go to an amusement park - as my father forbids me to when he was still alive - my excitement made my body increase its adrenaline to its maximum.

          "Do not forget to send me a text message the moment you arrive at the amusement park and everytime before you enter the attractions especially the roller coaster!" my mother cried.  Isn't she overprotective? "and bring a towel, an umbrella, a flashlight and a teargas. Please be very careful everytime." she added. "Mother, I am going to an amusement park, not a three-day camp." I answered back with a smile.

          Maybe you are wondering why she is like this, acting like I am going to engage in a world war. I am their only child, only daughter, and my father is already dead since I was in grade school so that they always protect me so much like a treasure. Maybe you are asking why they didn't make more children so that there will be less overprotection. Their love story was so long before they made me but let's not talk about that because my friends may arrive anytime soon.

          Now, because my mother's words made me rush up as twice as earlier, I am already prepared. I wear my favorite khaki a-third-of-my-thigh-long shorts paired with my sky-blue short sleeved hoodie and a pair of sky-blue sneakers with black knee-length socks, my favorite casual attire which they called not normal combination for the eyes of the "normal" citizens. Inside my black chubby bunny stuffed-toy-like backpack are the gadgets that my mother told me to bring including the cellular phone that my father used when he was still alive. I took a glance at my room, full of posters and figurines of my favorite anime and cartoon series and bed with two long pillows printed with sexy posed female characters from the same series, before I went downstairs to embrace my mom before I go so that her worries will be lessen.

          As my mother repeats, "Please be very careful every time." and added "Be a keen observer and sensitive", the buzzer rang.

          "Nina! Nina! We are here! Get out of the house or you'll be dead meat!". That was Brix, our friend who has the ticket, a very noisy man and says serious jokes everytime he picks me up- mother is used to it though, she even told me that if I'm late, she doesn't know where to put my bony leftovers.

          I embraced my mother as she sent me off and I felt like I'm in déjà vu when she said for the third time, "Please be very careful every time." and lastly I responded due to my worries that she might be having memory loss, "Don't worry mom, they said I'm a fearsome delinquent that they need to be more careful than me". At last she said something different, "Be home before supper or else your collection will turn to ashes" she smiled. I responded with a smile and left the house with my friends.

          "If you have a curfew then let's stop walking and wait for the tramcar" said Reevahn, an intellectual one who usually asks for the reason of existence and relation of everything to everything – maybe he was a philosopher in his previous life.

          The tramcar arrived and we stepped inside the half-populated tramcar. During the first minute of the three minute tramcar ride, we were reserving our energy for the amusement part that we are preventing ourselves to talk but something Reevahn has seen made him talk

          "Hey, Nina, didn't that wizard looking old lady staring at Brix for a full minute until now?" Reevahn whispered.

          "Old lady who? That one who's wearing maroon Nazarene devotee clothing?" I confirmed to Reevahn while I observe the old lady stared sharply at Brix, who is whispering or maybe singing by himself with closed eyes. "Maybe the old lady is criticizing Brix's first-time-in-the-city-countryboy's fashion and she was going to puke but accidentally swallowed it instead that's why her look can be read as she is hating the existence of Brix. What do you think?"