Girls with sharp objects and colorful threats

Mulai dari awal

"Pinocchio?" He whispered, vehemently, worry clouding his features. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I shook my head, physically pushing those depressing thoughts away for now. "Do you want to try going to sleep now? We have to be up early tomorrow."

Hesitating, he stared at me for a minute, worriedly, and forcing a smile, I reached up and pressed a quick kiss to his lips, hoping he'd drop any incoming questions. I hated lying to him, and really didn't have the energy to try anymore.

Nodding, he slid off me, laying next to me, keeping an arm over my stomach, and burying his face in my neck.

"Can I ask you for a favor?" He mumbled against my skin, and I nodded, swallowing past the lump in my throat and the ache in my chest.

"Come to my game on Friday," he replied, surprising me. Turning to face him in the dark, I lifted an eyebrow.

"Why?"

He shrugged, tracing shapes on my stomach with his finger. "I just want you there."

I sighed. "Brayden..."

"You don't think it's a good idea," he finished for me, moving up on the bed until our faces were inches apart, "please?"

I closed my eyes, knowing damn well that I would give him anything he wanted. I'd do anything to make him happy, and if that meant going to his game and ignoring the glares and whispers, then hell, I'd done it before, there was no way in hell I wouldn't try for him. "Okay, but I'm not wearing your Jersey like some cheesy fifteen year old freshman with no real dreams or wishes other than her boyfriend's success."

He chuckled, making tingles go down my spine. "Mhmm, that's too bad since I think you'd look so hot with my Jersey on."

"Of course you do, you're a pervert," I snorted, and he huffed out a laugh, kissing my neck.

"Only when it comes to you," he replied, his arm tightening around me, and I turned my head, slightly, to press my lips to his forehead. "Thank you."

I smiled. "For what?"

He shrugged, and sighing happily, he snuggled closer, burying his face in my neck. "For letting me use you as a pillow."

"I never agreed to that," I laughed, quietly, "to be honest I'm still trying to figure out how one night of you sleeping in my bed is now a regular thing."

"Oh you don't remember?" He replied, mischievously, and I couldn't help my snort, shaking my head. "It's kind of sweet really. You practically begged me one night over the phone, claimed you couldn't sleep without my huge, strong arms wrapped around you. I gave in, knowing that I couldn't stand by and let you suffer so."

"And I suppose I'm just eternally grateful that you're letting me sleep in your big, strong arms?" I mused, unable to fight a smile as he hummed, pressing a kiss to the side of my jaw.

"Yes, you are, I think you even promised to buy me dinner," he sniffed, confidently. "Dessert included."

"Mhmm, how generous of me," I replied, grinning.

"Uh huh, definitely is." He pressed a trail of Eskimo kisses along my jaw, his tongue peaking out to lick the spot right below my ear, making a needy gasp leave my parted lips.

I hummed, distracted as he pressed his lips to my neck, gently sucking the tender spot near my ear. When he pulled back, pressing a kiss to the same spot, a satisfied hum leaving his lips, my eyes widened. "Did you just give me a hickey, Brayden?"

"Yup."

"What?" Slapping my hand on his chest, I reached toward my nightstand, my hand moving over the surface, haphazardly, searching for the mirror I kept on top. When my hand finally fell on the cold surface of the small metal mirror, I clutched it, flipped the lamp switch on my bedside table back on, and brought the mirror up to my line of vision, aiming it at the spot on my neck.

A gasp left my lips at the red spot on my neck that I knew would turn purple by the morning. "How am I going to hide that, asshole?"

He shrugged, nonchalantly, and I slapped my hand on his chest again. Grabbing the hand mid-air, he brought it up to his lips and pressed a kiss on the inside of my wrist. "I could always give you a matching one on the other side, so it has a buddy."

"Yeah, not happening," I told him, placing the mirror back on the nightstand. "You know I'll have to explain this to my mom, right?"

"Mhm, you accidentally got into it with the wrong vacuum?" He suggested, grinning smugly, and I gave him an unimpressed look. Lowering his head, he pressed a brief kiss on my nose and then on my scowling lips.

"I'm definitely getting you back for this," I warned him, squinting my eyes at him threateningly.

His grin widened, "Didn't we talk about how your threats only turn me on?"

"Maybe we should take you to a psychiatrist?" I suggested, patting his cheek, placatantly. Snorting, he buried his nose in my neck, knipping at the sensitive skin with his teeth, and making me laugh.

"If I'm going to a shrink, you're definitely joining me, since you're the reason behind my sudden affinity to girls with sharp objects and colorful threats," he mumbled, his lips moving against my skin, and I chuckled, slapping his shoulder.