Have you no shame?

Porter's POV

“Blame everything on Macy. The cups on the ground and the mess in the house is all remnants of the wild party she threw together last night,” Brayden instructed Caden, going over their plan to blame the entire thing on their poor sister, as we made our way to the house.

He pulled me along with the hand he'd wrapped around mine as we made our way off the dock, making my eyes go wide-something he'd thankfully missed- his attention solely on his brother as they came up with a plan to get away with the fact that the lake house was trashed with tell-tale signs of a party.

“Wait, you guys are really going to blame all of this on your sister?” I asked, a few steps from the house.

“Yeah, we always do,” Brayden answered with a shrug, throwing me a glance over his shoulder. Stopping at his words, I tugged on his hand, making him stop, abruptly. He turned towards me, making Cade stop in his tracks and turn towards me as well.

“Don't you guys think that's pretty fucked up? I mean, I would beat the shit out of my brothers-if I had any-if they ever pulled that kind of stunt. The poor girl was running interference for you, and you're gonna throw her under the bus like that?” I asked, staring at them with disappointment.

“Why is she staring at us like that? Make it stop, dude, it's making me guilty...And you know what happens when I feel guilty,” Cade mumbled to his brother, his eyes never leaving me.

“Trust me, I know,” Brayden muttered back. “Porter, it's fine, really, she's not going to get in trouble. Macy has my dad wrapped around her finger; one pout, and he'll help her clean the house himself.”

I shook my head. “That's still fucked up.”

I watched him suck in a sharp breath. “Have you and my mom practiced your disappointed looks in a mirror together? Because, I swear they are exactly the same.”

“Make it stop, Brady,” Caden pleaded with him, and I turned to give him a disapproving frown. He cursed. “Okay, okay, we'll tell the truth, just for the love of god stop staring at us like that.”

I gave them a proud, bright grin, making Caden grin gleefully and Brayden shake his head with a sigh, muttering, “What the hell did I get myself into?” before turning back towards the house.

Walking into their lake house, soaking wet from head to toe to find their mother, father and Macy standing in the living room, I felt dread settle in my stomach. I was tracking water through the Cavanaugh's pristine, albeit littered with red cups, wood floor.

What the fuck had I been thinking? I should have waited outside, this was obviously a family thing. Moving to do just that, I cursed mentally when Brayden's hand wrapped around one of my wrists as he pulled me up right beside him.

“Hey, mom, dad, what's up?” he greeted them, nonchalantly. I watched their eyes fall on him, their faces wearing matching scowls. He shifted on his feet, his hand going up to scratch the back of his head.

“What the fuck?” his mother hissed, glancing around the messy room, her eyes turning hard, and settling on the twins.

“Language,” their father chimed in.

“Right,” she turned towards him with a grateful nod, before turning back towards us, “what the...um...the-what's the word I'm looking for, baby?”

“Uh, I don't know,” her husband replied, giving her a helpless look.

“See, that's the thing though, I mean there isn't really a word that encompasses what I'm trying to get across with the word 'fuck',” she replied, turning towards him, momentarily forgetting that she was in the middle of scowling her children.