Chapter 31- Stop Getting in My Way

Start from the beginning

"I think you owe me the story of the summer." she huffed, holding up the letter with haughty suspicion. Frankie looked around nervously at the crowd of bystanders for anyone that could possibly hear her. However, it was hard to sort out the muggles from the wizards in such a thick crowd. She couldn't risk having their entire year gossiping about her and Tom. If she didn't explain it right, even telling her friends might backfire. "What exactly happened?"

"I'll tell you everything when we get back to the dorms, alright?" Frankie replied, in a bit of a whisper, still looking untrustworthily into the surrounding crowd. Their dorm room would be a lot safer place to divulge such sensitive information. Daphne nodded and they started walking towards platforms nine and ten. When they arrived, Tom was waiting for them at the running point.

"Where have you been?" Tom asked her, even though the answer was standing right beside her. "You go running off without me and don't even get here first."

"Sorry, Tom—It was my fault. I distracted her," Daphne replied, in Frankie's defense. "However, I don't believe you were under any binding obligation to wait for her. How very obsessive."

"I-I-beg your pardon—"

"—Oh, come on already, you two! We've got a train to catch." Frankie insisted, eagerly. She had her two best friends beside her, and all their other friends were waiting just beyond that pillar. They couldn't afford to be late to meet them. Daphne lined up, took a deep breath, and ran at the barrier. Next, Frankie sprinted full speed towards the barrier, not even shutting her eyes as she collided with it. Lastly, Tom lined up to run through the barrier. He always had mix feelings about running towards a solid object at an accelerated speed, yet he always knew that he'd end up on the other side with Frankie waiting for him. This year would be no different.

"Is it alright if I tag along with you two for a while? Monty and I got in a real tiff, before we left home, and I don't want to see him right now." Daphne was saying, as he walked towards them. Frankie nodded in agreement and Tom didn't really have much of an opinion on the matter. He was usually accustomed to them sitting alone, but perhaps having Daphne there would make people less suspicious. He was expecting Frankie's and his summer to get out somehow and, when it did, it would surely cause a big stir. Also, judging by Daphne's comments before the barrier, there was a high probability there were at least a few people who already knew. The three scrambled to get onto the train to get good seats. Luckily, they found an empty compartment and were able to settle in for the ride ahead.

                                                   ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The year had not even started, but already the chaos was well and truly under way. A first year near the front had tried a spell his brother taught him and ended up making everyone in his compartment puke. The first car needed to be evacuated and everyone was sprawled to fill in the empty seats further back. Quin had appeared in the doorway of their compartment five minutes later, with Monty standing right behind him. He'd noticed Frankie sitting in the window seat and Daphne sitting next to her and perked up a little. The rearrangement had worked in his favor. However, he chose to ignore Tom sitting in the seat across from Frankie. Quin settled himself in the seat besides Daphne, buffering for her and Monty, who she had turned away from in a bitter huff. Thus, the compartment was filled with four Gryffindors and one Slytherin. However, that was easily changed a few minutes later when Lestrange, Malfoy, and Peter appeared in the compartment. Tom's brain slightly panicked at their arrival, thinking for sure he was caught, and his status ruined, but he merely sat there pretending to be buried in the nothing-of-interest book.

"What're you doing in here, Tom?" Lestrange laughed. "How'd you manage to get stuck with all these twits?"

"—And how'd you manage to get your fat head through the train door for yet another term, Lestrange? It seems to always be stuffed to the brim with stupid questions." Tom snarked, from behind his book. Frankie glanced at him with a mix of curiosity and surprise. Did he really speak in such a horrid manner to his friends? He treated her far nicer in comparison. Perhaps, it was a boy thing. He half-glanced up at a significantly red Lestrange. "Well—sit down."