Chapter 14: Jobs and Eavesdropping

Start from the beginning

"These are you co-workers," he said bringing me around the room. Awkwardly, I gave a slight wave to everyone.

"There is Kyle," he said motioning towards a chestnut haired boy, who was as skinny as a stick. Weakly, he nodded at me.

"And this is Martin," he said pointing at a boy with greasy, dark hair, who's eyes widened slightly at the sight of me, but did not say a word.

"And lastly, if you don't already know," he said, "My name is Andy, and I'm going to be your boss."

"Show up at 7 am to 5 pm for work here every Monday to Friday," he stated gruffly, as he started to mess with his blackberry phone. With that, he walked out of the room, with Kyle following him, probably going back to his nap.

Awkwardly, I sat next to Martin, smiling nervously at him.

Extending my hand, I greeted him, "Hi, I'm-"

"You're Mitch," he said gruffly, eyeing me up and down,  "I know. Aren't you the one Alexandra brought here?"

Nodding warily, I asked him suspiciously, "Uh yeah, why?"

"Are you two dating in any way?" he said immediately,  getting straight to the point. My eyes widening, I looked at him with a questioning look, allowing him to only respond with a shrug.

~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra's POV

Running out of my house, I run into my Uncle Jordan, who seemed slightly annoyed.

"Uncle Jordan!" I exclaimed with a grin, "Have you seen Mitch?"

"The boy got a job at Andy's," he said tiredly, extending his arms in a large exaggerated yawn, squeezing his eyes shut. Nodding, I ran towards Andy's computer store, only to here a muffled conversation near the employee's office. One voice, I recognized to be Martin's. Rolling my eyes, I remembered all those obnoxious times I had to put up with him.

/////Flashback/////

"Alexandra," he said with his cheeks flushed and a cheesy grin on his face, "Don't you have a crush on me too? We can date and live happily ever after."

Rolling my eyes, I scooted away from him in attempt to put more room between the two of us.

"Uh no," I said, crossing my arms against my chest, flipping my chestnut hair back.

"I don't like you like that. Stop bothering me about that!" I exclaimed throwing my arms up in the arm.

Smirking, Martin scooted closer to me, causing me to groan in frustration.

/////Flashback Over/////

Shaking my head, I pulled myself out of the memory to listen to his conversation with someone else.

"Are you two dating in anyway?" Martin asked. Breathing a sigh of relief, knowing that he had gotten over me, I began to walk over towards the front door, only to hear a deep voice respond.

"Me and Alexandra don't like each other in any way," the voice stated, sounding annoyed but recognizable, "Nothing is happening between us and nothing will. Plus, my eyes are still set on my ex girlfriend." Tears welled up in my eyes as I recognized the voice that had uttered those words about me.

Mitch.

~~~~~~~~~

Stifling a sob, I returned to my home only to crash back into my bed, stuffing my red, tear streaked face into my ebony striped pillow. As sadness coursed through me, anger and the feeling of betrayel began to build up.

No one messes with Alexandra.

~~~~~~~~

Mitch's POV

Freezing, I had no idea how to answer that question. I did not know how I felt about her. All I knew was that she was something really special.

Panicking, I quickly replied without thinking, "Me and Alexandra don't like each other in any way. Nothing is happening between us and nothing will. Plus, my eyes are still set on my ex girlfriend." I added, not want him to assume anything.

His eyes widened in happiness as he asked, "So will you help me get a date with her?"

"Uhh," I said, messing with my thumbs, "Sure?"

Happily, he sprinted out of the room.

What did I just do?!

~~~~~~~~~~

BOOM ANOTHER CHAPTER DONE

CHAPTERS ARE GOING TO COME OUT SLOW :(

STATE TESTS ARE STARTING

SOB SOB

BTW THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT <33

BE SURE TO SLAP THAT VOTE BUTTON