Review - 29

Author - -Inzaynity-

Title: Witness

The title is okay, I like it cause its also kind of ambiguous and isn't too detailed. Like it leaves a lot to the imagination on what the book is about and it does go well with the content of the book. The title matches well with what the book is about.

Cover:

Well the cover is just the face of Zayn Malik. Considering this is a Zayn Malik fan fiction I guess the cover does somehow match with the content. Though I felt like the book was so much more than just your average run in the mill fanfiction and that it'd also be good to explore the possibilities of maybe looking for a cover that didn't stick too much with the aspect of Zayn Malik so as to be able to kind of differ from other Zayn fanfictions.

Summary:

This was another aspect of your book that I very much enjoyed. Your blurb was very thought provoking and while reading through it I found myself being filled with questions that I really wanted the answer to. And I think that was just great cause it worked with how exactly a blurb Is supposed to function, it got me very excited to open your book and get the answer to my questions.

Though one thing that I would suggest on the blurb is that you could do with a little spacing, the paragraphs were kind of squashed together and that did kind of make it look less appealing. So I'd suggest spacing out the paragraphs so as to enable your blurb to have a pretty layout.

Story:

Oh my God the prologue for your book was just out of this world, I loved every single bit of it. The mystery that surrounded it was great cause you also gave me a little something to bite my teeth in. I mean the way you described the man, my thoughts just went around your descriptions and I felt like I was watching everything with my own eyes. But the part that really got to me was the way that you ended the prologue, heck if your idea was to make me want to jump towards the next chapter like the Flash then mission accomplished. Anyways summarizing my excessive rambling, the prologue for me was a sheer masterpiece.

One of the first things that really caught my eye within the first chapters of the story was the fact that this was not a Zayn is popstar kind of story and that apart from the name really there was of your own characterization than the Zayn in real life. This helps your book standout more and make it even for a person like who may not be the biggest fan of Zayn still be able to enjoy the book.

Another thing that was amazing was your use of descriptions and also vocabulary use. You have this very eloquent way of writing that made me be able to connect with your characters a whole lot. For instance, the way you would describe Lila's job and her place of work, I mean I've never been to a shrink or met one before but while reading I felt like was actually in the presence of one or something like that. So, summarizing all that mumbling it's safe to say I'm a fan of your description work.

I'm a big fan of like mental stories about psychos and stuff. And I felt like you handled your whole plot very well. I liked the fact that Lila is a shrink because it enables more weight on the characterization of your characters. I mean she does kind of help in untangling the mystery that is Zayn in such a way that it's kind of realistic and understandable due to her course of work.

Other than that, another thing that I thoroughly enjoyed was the slow burner on Zayn background, I mean up to the point that I reached us readers were given enough information to bite out teeth into but also just enough for us left wanting more and therefore left with no other choice but continuing to read the other chapters.

Anyways that's it for me, I hope somewhere around all that fangirling I was able to give out on some advice that will help you in your writing. I had a blast reading your work and best of luck with the rest of your updates.

By - Epicadrenaline