Chapter 5

Role's POV

I was cornered with happiness the moment I brought my wife home. She has been through her a lot in her life and the fact that she doesn't remember herself and her half life wretched the heart out of me.

I can never forget that day when we fought over our kids because we were getting tired and there was something that was cracking between us.

I hated to admit it until that day and I blowed my anger like the fireball that was building up in me.

"What did you say?"

"You heard me right, I want to hire nanny for them."

"are you out of your mind, Alli?"

"No, I am not. Role this is getting out of control. I need to focus on my career too."

"WTF? Alli those two our own kids. You cannot do this to them."

"It's not like I am giving them to anybody, Role. We will obviously hire the best help in whole country. And you're simply overreacting. Try and understand, I am tired of sitting at home and my publisher has been calling me. The news head is a mess without me."

I am distressed and hurted at the choice of her words. The anger boils inside me. For the last couple of months Alli has changed. She doesn't like anything at all which I suggest. Suddenly, family doesn't even matter to her anymore which breaks my heart into pieces.

I never stopped her from working and I have always given my fare share of responsibilities in our relationship, whether it was for her or the kids. I too run a business empire and I never whine. But she has got complaints every other day now.

It feels like she has been trying to get rid of me and the kids. A distaste and haunted emotion clashes in my mind. The earlier rage doesn't get time to quit when she speaks again. Instead, she lightens up the fire in me the next instant and I know this might be the end of something.

"in fact, why don't we send them to their grandparents for sometime? That way we can have some intimacy too and it might just be less hectic for both of us. Anyways, I need a long break too. The kids can even have a good schooling from there for time being."

Her words tongue tie me. My eyes infuriate but she reads it wrong. She closes the distance between us and her arms snake over my chest coyly, thinking she can seduce such a proposition out of me.

"Get out...," my nostrils flare and my chest expands. Maybe she doesn't hear me as she continues to play with my hair and try out more convincing words but I have closed my ears for her now.

I am counting backwards to rein in.

"Alli..."

"so you agree, honey?"

"Get out, alli"

She steps away cocking her head vividly that makes her long hair fall over her cleavage and her hands poise at her hips.

"you're joking, right?"

"Do I look like I am? Get the fuck out of my house, Alli."

She stares at me blankly before cursing a single line of profanities and throwing the diamond cut wedding ring on my face.

"Screw you, Role, you're going to repent for it!!!!"

And she turned around faster than a hurricane that tramples over beach houses like that's its duty and birth right.

In a matter of few minutes, I feel it in the center of my heart that my world shattered and I am about to run afrer her to bring her back from wherever she went and knock some sense into her when the land phone of my mansion rings repeatedly and annoyingly.

I have to rush towards the living area to pick up the call ASAP because my girls are sleeping and I don't want to wake them up and answer their question if they ask me about their mother.

With utter frustration and hurry, I fetch the speaker and shout,"Speak!"

My index finger and thumb of the free hand press the bridge of my nose while I scrunch the nose to control the building irritation and impatience.

Where are you Alli?

"Is this Role Baxton?"

"Who are you?"

"I am senior inspector, Harvey Nelly from CAPD"

His tone of voice threatens me and hinders the wind from entering in my lungs.

"I am... Ro-le... Baxton... "

"Sir, I've called to inform you that there has been a hit and run accident on highway number 5 and the victim is severely injured... We checked the ID and it's your wife, Alissa Baxton."

Something happened.

There is no air anymore.

My mind goes blank.

Words fail me.

Courage escapes me.

Sweat bathes me.

I hear something. Someone.

"Sir, are you there?"

"where is she? Is she...?"

"We are taking her to City Hospital--"

I disconnect the line, call the neighbours to look after my kids and rush to City hospital in a span of 5 minutes.

I regret saying those words to her.

I missed my chance on getting her back.

My heart is tearing apart. I wish and hope like a dying man for his wife to be alive. I cannot lose her. I vowed to be with her forever. Fuck. God. no.

**********************************************************************************