Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"Carter," He mumbled, not pulling away.

"Yeah?" I whispered, opening my eyes to see him slowly opening his.

"You look cute in your bunny pajamas," He whispered, causing me to laugh out loud. I tried to hide my blush as I smiled at him. And it was as if I hadn't even cried just a minute ago.

"Nobody finds bunnies in a basket eating chocolate, cute. I'm so glad we agree," I sighed in fake relief as I watched an adorable smile grow onto his beautiful face.

"I said you look cute, angel. Not the bunnies," He chuckled, pulling at my fuzzy bunny pajamas.

"Riiight," I dragged on, sending him one last smile before something had caught us off guard. "D-Did you hear that?" I quietly asked, looking over his shoulder, into the tunnel. He glanced over his shoulder and gazed in silence after he had sent me a nod as an answer. It was the second time something like this had happened.

"Follow me," He suddenly instructed, lightly pushing me away from the tunnel. We quickly walked down the path leading to town.

"Why are we going into town? The police are trying to find you, and I'm pretty sure my parents are attempting to hunt me down. Well, that and they're too scared to at least stand a foot away from the tunnel," I rambled, soon silencing myself. I glanced over at Harry, his lips moving, but I couldn't hear anything. "Harry?"

"Huh?" He snapped out of his daze, glancing over at me. "I was just thinking of a way we could leave without getting caught," He mumbled. I slowly nodded and looked down, not really processing the fact that I would actually go through with his plan. When it comes to Harry, he can get away with anything. By that, I mean he knows how to change my mind so easily; he practically has me wrapped around his finger, which is kind of a bad thing, right?

I felt a sudden nudge, bringing me back to reality. "Look," He whispered, pointing to a black motorcycle across the street. It was dark out, so I could only see the shiny silver parts.

"What about it?" I asked, curiously. He left my question unanswered as he grabbed my hand and dragged me across the street.

"This bad ass could save us from a load of trouble," He chuckled, touching the leather.

"You're gonna steal it?!" I whisper-yelled. Ok, the is one thing I don't agree on.

"The idiot left his fucking wallet in the helmet," He scoffed, opening it and pulling out the cash before he threw the wallet on the ground. I watched as he knelt down to the motorcycle and started doing whatever he was doing.

"What are you doing?" I quietly asked. He once again ignored my question, leaving me to stand in silence. Ten minutes later, the motorbike engine roared as the headlights turned on. Harry stood up and smiled in victory.

"That, my angel, is how you hot-wire a motorcycle," He smirked, grabbing the helmet and throwing it in my direction. I caught it at the last second, staring at it in confusion. I heard a sigh escape Harry's lips before the helmet was yanked from my grip. He placed two fingers under my chin, lifting my head up. I watched as he raised the helmet above my head and slowly put it on me.

"We're riding a stolen motorbike?" I asked in pure shock.

"Yup." He hopped onto the bike, taking a glance at me and patting the small spot behind him. "Hop on. Don't wanna get caught, do we?" He raised his eyebrows, causing me to immediately shake my head. I quickly and nervously hopped on, waiting for him to ride off. He looked back at me as he grabbed my hands and wrapped them around his torso.

"Oh," I mumbled, my face flushing in embarrassment.

"Hold on tight, babe," He stated, revving up the engine. I tightened my grip, placing my left cheek on the back of his jumpsuit. Everything around me began moving so fast, making a whole big blur. The wind ran through my hair, causing me to close my eyes in peaceful bliss; despite the fact that we were leaving town on a stolen bike. The thing I couldn't quite shake off was, what if someone catches a glimpse of Harry's orange colored jumpsuit? Then, we'd be in deep trouble.