Chapter 3 (2/2): Guts

Mulai dari awal

 " You really need to smile more sweet pea. Maybe you'll get a guy faster." I roll my eyes as I grab my mirror. I put my bow and quiver down beside me before looking at myself. I have a bruise and on my cheek from the gun and an open wound on my eyebrow. I shrug again before throwing T-Dog the mirror.

 " What's it for?"

 " Thought you'd wanna check out your face," I say. He nods in agreement before looking. T cringes a moment before throwing the mirror back to me. He gives thanks as I stick it back in my bag.

 " What's your name anyhow?"

 " Carter." He nods in understanding as Merle tries to persuade us again.

 " I'll tell you what... You get me out of these things and I'll be all 'Sammy Sunshine' positive for you. Hey, see that hacksaw over there in that toolbar? Get it for me, hm? Make it worth your while. What do you say? How about you sweetie?" I glance to see him licking his lips at me. I internally vomit before going to mess with his rifle as T-Dog speaks.

 " So you can beat my ass again? Or call me n*gger some more?"

 " Come on now. Nothing personal man. Just your kind and my kind don't mix you know-"

 " Then please explain how I am both black and white meat, Merle?" I question. Both boys look over to me, Merle with a grin before letting a chuckle.

 " Girl, your father raped your ma then. Or your momma is just a damn slut." I reload his rifle and aim it at him, T-Dog getting up to stop me.

 " C'mon Carter he ain't worth the bullet. Stop it." I stare at T-Dog for a moment, questioning if I should shoot the man or not.

 " Why the hell am I standing up for the bastards anyhow?" I mutter out loud. I look at him for a few moments before sitting down and closing my eyes, letting the weights of my eyelids win.

 3rd P.O.V

 T-Dog notices Carter fall asleep, but doesn't bother waking her up. The lines under her eyes show she hasn't slept much.

 " Hey, maybe we can fuck her while she's sleeping. Man, wouldn't that be nice?" T-Dog rolls his eyes and tries the radio again. Though doubtful it'll work he still continues.

 " Heh. Looks like she's a veteran," Merle states. T-Dog gives a confused expression before looking. The sunlight glistens on the dog tags around her neck that were hidden by her jacket.

 " You know, you have a nice way of showing veterans respect." T was about to continue with the radio until the sounds of people's feet up the stairs are heard. Carter is forced awake by it.

Carter's P.O.V

 The sound of people's feet on the stairs is heard, yet don't open my eyes until the door opens with a bang. I look to see the rest of them running up here. All of us except Merle and I look over the ledge, trying to find an idea.

 Rick then spots a truck, creating an idea, it's a dumbass one, really dumb, but it's a plan.

-