Chapter 5;1

A/N: Oh my god everything has been a mess recently. My life is insane right now, which is why I haven't posted. Anyways, I finally finished chapter five. Here it is! Also, don't forget to vote for this story if you like it, and leave some constructive criticism in the comments if you see something I could improve upon!

<~~~~~~~>

I was just getting into bed when the doorbell rang. The door opened and I heard a gasp.

I didn't get it. All I knew was that I didn't like the silence in the air. Slowly, I stood up and crept towards the window.

"Where is Ellie, Ms. Hawthorn?" A cold, female voice filled the air. "Where is your only daughter?"

Only daughter...? But I'm not her only child. She has Hailey! Or well, she had Hailey.

"Oh, my baby is upstairs in her room. Probably redecorating. I mean, the room is still made for her and her imaginary friend Hailey."

Imaginary friend... Hailey? But she's my sister!

Unless...

Mom didn't remember that.

Slowly, I slipped open the window. I climbed out of the window, looking around as I did to make sure nobody would spot me.

I heard footsteps coming closer to my bedroom door.

Quietly, I shut the window as best as I could and crept across the roof to the gutter. It was a long jump down. I grabbed the hollow metal pipe. 'Let's do this.' I thought to myself.

I closed my eyes and jumped just as the door to my room opened.

<~~~~~~~>