Your Dad? Real DILF right there

Start from the beginning

"Girlfriend," Cade snorted, and I threw him a glare. "This is going to blow up in your face so bad. I can't wait."

"Fuck off," I gritted out, walked into the house, and headed to the living room. I knew he was right, this would blow up in my face. I didn't know when, I didn't want to know, but I knew it would eventually. The scary part about it wasn't that I knew it would blow up in my face and the consequences would be bad, the part that terrified me was that I would lose Porter in the process.

I liked having Porter around. I liked it a lot, and the thought that I could lose her, terrified me to my very core. I didn't know how to feel about that, I'd never felt this way about anyone. I'd never been scared of losing a girl, but with her, the fear almost paralyzed me. I didn't want to lose her.

But I would. I knew I would. I knew it hadn't been easy for her since her and I had started dating. Pretend dating. Pretend. It wasn't real. The relationship wasn't real. But people didn't know that, and they already didn't like her, and I was pretty sure they were giving her a hard time. She hadn't said anything, but I'd heard some assholes talking about it.

After I'd beat the shit out of them, I'd made them tell me who else was bullying her, and they quickly spilled their guts. When it came to the girls, I'd had Macy do her thing, and Cade and I had taken care of the guys. I was sure we hadn't covered everyone, but I hoped it had made things a little easier for her.

"Oh and this is Brady after he sprained his wrist. He wouldn't let the doctor say a word, immediately telling his dad and I everything we needed to know. He's always been so smart," my mom was telling Porter as I walked into our living. They were both sitting on one of the couches, a photo album laying across their legs. Macy sat on the other side of the living room, rolling her eyes.

"Mom, I don't think Porter wants to know about Brady's big brain. I'm sure she wants the dirt, right, Porter?" Macy spoke up, giving Porter a cheeky grin.

"Don't forget I'm going to outlive you, Mace, I'll be around to torture you until we bury you," I spoke up from the entryway, lifting an eyebrow and giving her a warning look.

"Brady, stop threatening your sister," my mom mumbled, never lifting her head from the photo album.

Rolling my eyes, I shoved my hands into my front pocket, "Dad says lunch is ready."

"Oh okay, let's go eat," mom replied, closing the photo album and placing it on the couch. Standing up, she waited for Porter, before moving towards me.

Grabbing Porter by the arm, I pulled her to a stop next to me, and waited for Macy to exit the living room, before turning to her. "You okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah, your mom is great. I haven't babbled once, that's a first for me. You know how I can go on and on. But she's so nice, and pretty. I see why you guys are so beautiful. I mean your dad? Real Dilf right there...oh god...I did not just say that-"

"Porter," I interrupted, staring at her with raised eyebrows, "what's wrong?" I nodded, encouragingly, and she pulled her lip between her teeth.

"I hate lying to them."

I tried not to let the guilt eat me up. I hated that I had dragged her into my mess. I hated that I'd asked her to lie for me. I hated that she felt guilty. I hated everything about our situation. But by God, I wouldn't change a thing. "I know, I'm really sorry I dragged you into this, Porter."

Her eyes snapped towards mine, and she quickly shook her head. "What? No, I'm not blaming you. We both agreed to this. I'm not saying I regret this, because I wouldn't have met you if you hadn't come to me with your crazy plan...I just, I feel bad about lying to your family. They've been so nice, and they welcomed me with open arms, and in return I've been lying to them."

"They like you," I told her, smiling. "And I would lie to them a million times if it meant I got to know you. I don't regret it either." I smiled softly, and she gave me a bright smile in return. The need to kiss her right then was almost overwhelming, and if I didn't already know how things would end, I would kiss her until we were both exhausted.

"We should probably get out there," she replied, nodding towards the door, and I nodded. Lacing my fingers through hers, I lifted her hand and kissed her knuckles, before nodding once and leading her to the backdoor.

"There you are," my mom exclaimed when she spotted us exiting the house. The younger members of the Cavanaugh were sat around the table, waiting patiently for Macy and my dad to place all the food at the table.

Dragging Porter along, I walked over and pulled out a chair for her, pushing it back in when she was settled, and taking the one next to her.

"You're not vegan, right?" Mom asked, her eyes on Porter, as Macy and dad joined us at the table.

"Uh no," Porter replied, shaking her head.

"Like, Brady would date a girl who doesn't eat his weight in meat," Cade piped in, shaking his head.

"And even if you were a vegan, we would figure something out," mom told her, giving Cade a pointed look.

"Right, Casey here could make you one of her smoothies. It looks like Hulk ate some bad food and had diarrhea, and my wife decided to scoop it up from the toilet and put it in a glass, but to each their own," my dad replied, giving mom a mocking grin. Glaring at him, she slapped his arm and turned to Porter.

"Ignore the pothead, he's missing a few screws." Giving her a wide-eyed look, Porter nodded.

"You two are the reason we don't bring people over, I hope you know that," I told them, putting together a burger for Porter. I made sure to remember the way I'd seen her order her burger, and placed all the right ingredients on it before handing it to her. Smiling gratefully, she mouthed 'thank you' and I nodded.

Once I'd made sure she had her food, I nodded to my family, letting them know they could dig in. In the Cavanaugh family, lunch and dinner time, was like war. So our parents had made rules. First we made sure our guest had food, then the younger kids got their food, and then mom and Macy. Dad, Cade and I were the last ones to get our food. Our dad always made sure that he made enough for all of us to be full and still have leftovers, but in our family we were taught to put the women before ourselves when it came to food, even if it meant there wouldn't be enough for us.

"How are you feeling, Porter? How's the concussion?" my dad asked once everyone had settled down and had a plate of food in front of them.

"Oh, I'm fine. The doctor said I was fine to go back to school on Monday," she replied, her tone dipping. I knew she wasn't happy about going back, and after what I'd heard she'd been going through, I could see why.

"Well if any of those bitches who've been bullying you come anywhere near you again, let us know and we'll take care of them," Macy blurted out, making the entire table turn towards her.

I glared at her. "Macy, shut the fuck up."

"Watch your language, both of you," our dad reprimanded.

"Wait...what is she talking about?" Porter asked next to me, placing a hand on my arm to get my attention. Giving Macy one more glare, I slowly turned towards her, trying not to let any emotions on my face that might give me away.

"Nothing, Pinocchio, you know how Macy is," I told her, giving her my best innocent look. And like I know she wouldn't, she didn't buy it, immediately giving me an unimpressed look.

"Brayden," she pushed, raising an eyebrow expectantly.

Sighing, I shot Macy an angry glare, who gave me a guilty smile, before hiding her face behind her burger. "It's not a big deal. I might have heard about people bullying you...and well..."

"You decided to fix my problems even though I told you you don't have to?" She finished for me, her eyes turning hard, her lips set in a tight line.

"Porter, what was I supposed to do? Sit back and let them bully you?" I replied, trying not to let my anger get the best of me. I was tired of watching people treat her like shit, and if she wasn't going to do anything, I sure as hell would.

"Yes! That's exactly what you're supposed to do. You don't have to fix my shit, we're not dating, remember?" She blurted out, both of our eyes going wide when we realized what she'd just admitted in front of my entire family.

Shit.