Alvis Merlin Dwennon Ambrosius

King Arthur and the knights of the round table were training and just as they finished a woman approached them.

"Hunith! How nice to see you." Arthur greeted Merlins mother.

"Good morning Arthur."

"These are my knights, guys this is Hunith, Merlins mother." The knights all said hello.

"Merlin hasn't sent me a letter or visited for a fue months so I got a bit worried. I thought I would come for a little visit. Do you know where he is?" Hunith told them.

"He should be in the armoury." Lancelot told her and pointed in the direction.

She walked to the armoury and the knights and Arthur followed behind because they had finished their training. As they went in the saw Merlin sat on the bench polishing some armour. The knights went to put their armour and weapons away and Hunith went to her son. The knights noticed she looked slightly angry.

"Hey mother." Merlin noticed her and stood up to give her a hug, but be for he could she spoke.

"Alvis Merlin Dwennon Ambrosius! I haven't heard from you in months, you silly boy. You had me worried sick!" Hunith said as she hit him lightly on the chest. Some of the knights eyebrows raised or eyes widened at the name. The last name Ambrosius rung a bell in Arthur's mind.

"Nice to see you too mother." Merlin laughed. "I was going to send you a letter, I have it written in my room, I haven't got round to sending it. Also I was planning on coming to visit."

"Aww don't worry, my boy. I'm sorry for shouting, I was worried about you. Now, where is that brother of mine?" Hunith asked. This shocked some of the knights as well, brother?

"He is where he always is."

"I guessed as much. I will go see him, I'll meet you back there tonight." Then she walked out after giving Merlin a hug.

Merlin looked up to see all of the knights looking at him.

"What?" He asked them.

"You real name isn't Merlin?" Arthur asked.

"Well, it is part of my name, just not my first name."

"Alvis Merlin Dwennon Ambrosius? Wow, quite a mouthful." Gwaine laughed. "Does it have a meaning?"

"Technically if you translate or use the meaning of all my names it would be , all-wise, hawk, one of originality, immortal." Merlin answered.

"Thats one hell of a name Merlin... or should I say Alvis." Gwaine laughed.

"My mother wanted Alvis Merlin and my father wanted Alvis Dwennon so they mixed them. Ambrosius is my fathers last name."

"I thought you didn't know your father." Arthur asked.

"He left before my mother knew she was pregnant but the always talked about having children and discussed names."

"Why did your father leave?" Elyan asked.

"He was on the run... from Uther."

"Wait, what? Why did Uther want him?" Percival asked.

"Lets not get into that."

"Ok... but what about your mothers brother, who is that?" Leon asked.

"I thought you guys knew, Gaius is my uncle."

"I thought... Actually I don't know how I thought you knew him." Lancelot laughed.

Merlin just laughed then picked up some of the armour and left. The knights all looked to each other, trying to read each other's reactions.

"It sounds familiar..." Arthur started.

"What does, sire?" Leon asked.

"Ambrosius. Maybe we could find something in the library."

"We could always have a look, no offence to Merlin but I don't think his father would be in the library." Elyan said.

₪₪₪₪₪

"What about this one?" Percival brought a book up to the book stand. All of the knights were gathered in the library. They had asked Geoffery for books about people from Camelot in the past. They had no luck...yet.

"'Friends of the king before the purge' I don't think it's going to be in there." Arthur protested.

"You never know, it's worth a look." Lancelot said. (He doesn't know about Merlins magic in this)

"Ok suppose so, 'Years before the great purge magic roamed freely in Camelot. King Uther's most trusted advisors were Gorlios, Balinor and Bael. Balinor was a warlock and a dragonlord,' whats a warlock?" Arthur started to read.

"When I was traveling I heard people saying that warlock are people born with magic, I didn't believe they existed." Gwaine told them.

"'Balinor and Uther were best friends. When the King and Queen wanted a heir they couldn't conceive because Ygraine was infertile.' Wait, then where did I come from?" Arthur asked shocked.

"Adoption." Gwaine joked and shrugged, which earned him a hit across the back of his head from Leon.

"Keep reading, you might find out." Leon suggested.

"'They went to their court sorcerer, Nimueh, to ask for a child. Nimueh made a child for the King and Queen with magic. The power of life and death has a rule, for a life to live, a life must be taken. When their child was born he was named Arthur Pendragon, during the birth Ygraine died so that the balance was restored. Uther blamed magic for his wife's death and started the purge. He killed all of the dragon lords except one, Balinor. He used Balinor, he told him that he wanted to make peace with the dragons but instead he killed them all and captured the great dragon, Kilgarrah, and kept it under his castle as an example. He planned to kill Balinor but before he could Balinor ran away to Ealdor. Balinor Ambrosius hasn't been heard of since.' Merlin's father is a dragon Lord!" Arthur finished reading.

"Look at this." Leon had found a book on dragon lords, all of the knights gathered round.

"Where did you find that?" Elyan asked.

"I searched for it as soon as dragon lords were mentioned, I case it helped with the story. Look what it says, 'The power of a dragon Lord can control and command dragons. The only way to receive this power is through family. The power is past from father to son and cannot be used to its full capacity until the father has passed away.' Is Balinor dead?" Leon read.

"I was there when he died, he jumped in front of a sword aimed for Merlin, he was protecting his son. I told Merlin 'No man is worth your tears' when it was his own father." Arthur answered, "If Balinor is dead, then that means... Merlin is the last Dragon Lord."

₪₪₪₪₪

1078 words

It was originally just going to be the name but then I thought, why don't they find out about Balinor. So this happened.

Thank you for reading!
Byeeee!