Prologue

Breathe; take a deep breath...
I opened my eyes in time to see my opponent running up to me in a warrior-like cry with an outstretched arm. I grabbed, twisted, and pulled his arm behind his back in a firm grip. He yelped in pain as I held the position.
"Arasso. Arasso!"
"Say uncle," I commanded playfully.
"Uncle! Uncle!" he begged in a laughable way.
I released him.
"Ah, what's it gonna take? I feel as though I'm defending myself from an ignorant younger sibling."
He was massaging his arm from all the uncomfortability. "Aish Kang Dae Cha!"
"Hey, you," He froze as I pointed my index finger at his face. "Go to hell."
He rolled his eyes and slapped my hand away, "Again with K-drama..."
I gave him a gentle look. "You good?"
"Oh, so NOW you're worried."
"Nope. Just wanted to ask if you were willing to get your butt kicked again?" His face became a tomato red. I smirked at his annoyance and walked to the bench to grab my stuff.
"Yah Kang Dae Cha!"
"Annyeong!" I waved slightly while walking towards the entrance to the ladies room.

This was the best time to come and train because no one was ever in the bathroom, so I can just wash all the sticky sweat off in peace.
I've been a body guard for three years and have had multiple clients since then. I've protected some pretty awesome people... but, then again I've also protected some people I couldn't care less if they were attacked by a mob of freakish fans, or beat with a stick for political reasons. But that's what brings meaning into my life. I won't ever let someone touch this person if they aren't wanting to be touched. Anyway, overall I love my job. It brings courage and boldness in my life.
I've always been the type of person to always want to protect others. I guess I've never really felt protected before, and because of that, I know how hard it can be to be out in the world knowing that no one is there to help you in case of anything. I want to give a comfort to those who feel that way-- because I felt that way too.
The refreshing water was cold against my skin. I had just stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself when I heard someone enter. I jumped into a changing stall, startled by the sudden entrance.
"Are you decent?" A deep voice asked suddenly.
I instantly recognized the voice that belongs to Kim Chan Woo, my overseer, and replied. "You know this is the Ladies' room right?"
He gave a light chuckle. "Well, I'm fully aware that you are the only 'lady' that would get up this early to train. Chief would like to see you."
I finished zipping up my pants and unlocked the stall door to reveal myself in my suit. I gathered my hair to form a tight high-ponytail. I gave my suit jacket a final tug, and maneuvered around Chan Woo from the side.
He followed suit and continued to follow me down the hall until we reached our destination.

I gave one last tug on my suit jacket as I looked at the heavy door in front of me. I gave a sigh, shook my head, shrugged my shoulders in hope of bringing confidence to myself.
Chan Woo put his hand on my shoulder in reassurance. I gave him a faint smile in return. "You don't need to work yourself up," he told me quietly. "It's just an assignment, as usual."
"I'm just tired." I pushed open the door and announced myself. Chief glanced from a file to acknowledge me and returned to his business.
I was quietly closing the door and caught a glimpse at Chan Woo mouthing the phrase 'Fighting!' with a pumped fist.
I walked in front of the Chief's desk and bowed lowly. He made a little grunt sound to dismiss me. I quickly fixed my form waiting patiently for the words that could send me anywhere if he so desired.
He put the papers back in the envelope and clicked his tongue. "In the BigHit company there is a K-pop group called the Bangtan Boys, AKA BTS. Your mission is to protect one of the members-- even if it means your body is used as a bullet shield. Do you accept?"
He said the words blankly, it even made me wonder if he was pulling some kind of joke. Without a blink or hint of refusal, I said the word that would change my life.