Chapter two: Surprise birthday party

Start from the beginning

Tomorrow's Yugi's 21st birthday and I want everything to be perfect for his special day. Not only is his birthday here, but our anniversary is in a little over two months. I plan on taking him out for dinner and afterwards a walk on the beach.

I stepped out of the tub, then grabbed a towel from the shelf wrapping it tightly around my waist and tucking in the corner on the side. I walked closer to the door and reached for the knob turning it slowly. The door creaked open letting in a cool breeze from the ac vent in the hallway. I went to take another step forward to exit the bathroom, but then looked down to recognize my somewhat still sleepy hikari in the door way. "Aibou, you need in there?" I asked, gesturing towards the bathroom. Before giving an answer, he gave me a once over and stared in awe at my body. It's not like he hasn't seen me in a towel like this before. Though it still wasn't often that he got to see me this way. We haven't really tried to do anything too sexual just yet. We're still waiting for the right time, but I've got other ideas when it's his birthday tomorrow.

"Yugi?" I call. No response. "Yugi?" I try again. He snaps back to his senses and sees me still standing in front of him. I smirk knowing his mind was elsewhere. He blushed slightly and remembered why we were standing here in the first place. "Oh, sorry Yami. Yea, I was gonna take a shower." Yugi slightly averts his eyes, his cheeks still flushed pink. I stepped aside allowing him to pass by me. Yugi takes two steps inside then turned his head to look at me. "Yami?" He calls for my attention. I turn to face the little one and raise an eyebrow. "Hmmm" I muse back. He opens his mouth to speak. "Would you mind cooking breakfast this morning please mou hitori no boku?" He asks quite innocently. I chuckled at my aibou's request. "We'll see Yugi, we'll see." I smirked leaving him to take his shower. I smiled and shook my head.

I head down the hallway into our room to get dressed. Once fully clothed, I go and stroll into the kitchen. I search the cupboards for something to cook Yugi for breakfast. Since he didn't ask for anything specific, I just start making eggs and toast. I crack two eggs in the lightly buttered pan. I seasoned them with salt and pepper then head over to the bread grabbing two pieces, and popping them in the toaster. I walk back over to the eggs and flip them. I repeated the seasoning. I step over to the cabinet and pull out two plates, one for Yugi and one for me. I sat them down on the counter then take the pan and slide an egg onto each plate. The toaster dinged, signaling the toast was done. I grabbed the toast with the tips of my fingers and drop them next to the eggs.

I faintly hear the shower turning off. I smile to myself knowing my aibou will be downstairs any minute now. I go ahead and set the table for the two of us. As I grab the silverware, I hear his footsteps coming down the staircase.

I turn around to see that his hair is still slightly damp, yet smells so good to my sense of smell. I smirk with a few dirty thoughts in mind, but stay calm and collected. I believe he's noticed because he's got a deep pink blush across his face and its not because of the hot shower he took.

Yugi walks closer to me, stands on his tip toes, and pecks me lightly on my lips. I smile at his cuteness. "Well hello there sleepy head." I greet him sweetly. He cheekily smiles. "I'm not really all that tired anymore since I took a shower." He laughs. "I see. So are you hungry?" I ask smirking with my arms crossed. He nods slowly, pink still showing on his cheeks. I take a step to the side and hold out my hand to the food prepared on the table.

His jaw dropped and his eyes darted back and forth between me and the table. "You actually made me breakfast without a fight?! Yugi asked, shocked and surprised. I smile and slowly nod. "Thank you mou hitori no boku." He kissed me again, smiling in awe. "You're welcome aibou." I smiled back and sat down in one of the chairs. Yugi sat in the other and began gnawing on his piece of toast.

After breakfast, I offered to do the dishes for Yugi. He protested, but in the end I won. I told him there was nothing wrong with doing each others chores every once in a while. He gave in and went to watch tv for a while. I finished up the dishes then wiped down the counter and kitchen table. I toss the rag back into the sink then pull out my shopping list for Yugi's party.