Chapter 22

Narrators POV

The police had looked over the body and studied the crime scene. They came up with several conclusions which they shared with the Stares. "I'm sorry but your daughter must be considered a suspect in the murder of these two girls." One policeman said.

"What the hell do you mean our daughter's a suspect? Our daughter was kidnapped. She didn't murder these two!" Charles replied throwing angry looks at the man. "Heck, she was best friends with one."

"I'm sorry I'm just here to report the facts. Also I need to know if you have any electronics that belonged to your daughter, such as a phone or laptop." He looked down at his list to avoid eye contact. "Just let me know later if you have any."

After the man left Judy turned towards Charles "OH MY GOSH!" Judy yelled at her husband in sudden realization, "She has her phone on her!"

"Maybe she's near it and can answer!" Charles whipped his phone out and started dialling her phone number.

"Wait Charles, maybe we should tell the police first."

"No. I'm not going to let a chance to talk with my daughter waste away because they think she is a murderer." He replied pressing the call button.

Meanwhile Ryan and Neel were cleaning the car out. Hey, murderers still do normal tasks. They were cleaning the floorboards when they heard a phone ringing. BRRIINNNG! BRRIIINNG! Ryan jumped out off the car, hitting his head on the top of the car, and rushed to find the source of the sound.

He made his way around the car until stopping at the trunk of the car. He popped it open and began rummaging around in search for the phone. Finally he found it under a pile off ropes. He looked at the caller ID, it read Dad. He hung up and came around to Neel. He was absolutely infuriated. She had a phone and they hadn't even thought about it.

The call went to voicemail and a sad look came over Charles' face. Just at that point a policeman walked over. "Excuse me sir, I need to know who you're calling."

"I'm calling my daughter. We think she has her phone."

The police officers face turned to a frown. "If your daughter was kidnapped, you may have just jeopardized her life. What if the kidnappers were there when you called? What if they found out she had the phone and destroyed it? Sir, I need to know her phone number. We are going to have to try tracking first before we finish analyzing the bodies." He brought his notebook back in front off him and waited for the number.

He finished writing it down and walked towards the other cops. Charles turned to his wife and started crying. "Oh Judy what have I done? I could have just killed her and I wouldn't even know it."

Paige's POV

My neck was bent with my chin resting on my collar bone. I was attempting to sleep. I figured I wouldn't get to do a lot of it. I felt myself drifting off, my body still sore, when the door to the basement slammed open.

I heard harsh footsteps come down the steps to the bottom. I lifted my head to see it was Ryan and Neel wasn't far behind him. He walked towards me with a scowl on his face. He came right up to me and slapped me, hard, on my right cheek. Pain flew threw my head as I was jerked sideways. My cheek was tingling when I looked back up at him with tears in my eyes. He reached his hand in my pocket and her pulled out a phone. My phone. "You know, I thought I was beginning to trust you. I thought, maybe I could forgive her for the punching and kicking. This has changed my mind. And now your punishment will be worse than you could ever imagine." He threw my phone on the floor and grabbed a tool from a toolbox.

It was a fire torch. He held it above my phone and melted the entire thing. The last once of hope in my body melted with my phone.

Narrators POV

The police lost the signal, but not before finding out the location. A police Officer walked over to the worried couple. "We have found your daughter's location," there was a sigh of relief. "However we cant check it out without a warrant. Im sorry but this could take a couple days."

"Tell me where she is and I will go get her!" Charles yelled impatiently.

"I'm sorry sir but there are procedures for this kind of thing, and we have to get a judge to sign a warrant before we can go to the property."

Charles stomped away after hearing the man. He was infuriated that they wouldn't go straight to his daughter. They had to go the safe way around. It just made jim so angry.

Paige's POV

Neel threw the phone away and they started untying my ropes. My arms fell loose by my sides when the ropes slackened. When they finished undoing the ropes, they dragged me upstairs and out the door. I tried to stand up but they were going to quickly.

The rough ground scraped against my bare body as I was taken to a large red barn. They took me inside and set me on the ground next to a large furnace. I looked around, spotting a horse. I had ridden a horse once, I took lessons. That's when an idea popped into my head.

If I could just make it to the horse, then surely I could just ride out of here. I looked around and saw that Ryan and Neel were busy looking at something by the furnace. I decided it was worth the chance.

I stood up and started running towards the horse. I was filled with pain in my back and legs from the whipping, but I continued running. Unfortunately Neel chose that moment to turn around.

"Hey!" I heard footsteps behind me.

I swung the gate open and swung myself onto the horse. I heard a loud whistle and felt the horse buck under me. I was thrown off and into the hay.

Neel and Ryan reached me before I had any time to react. They picked me up and carried me back to the furnace. Neel held onto my arms while Ryan ran back over to the horse. "If you want the horse so badly, we'll give her to you." Ryan yelled back as he led the horse out of her stable.

He led the horse over to an empty space in the barn and tied a rope from her neck to a wooden pole. I was then dragged over to the horse and set down with my back facing its rump. Neel held me down as Ryan tied ropes to my hands and feet. I wasn't sure what was going to happen but I knew it wouldn't be good. I tried to wriggle out of Neel's  grip so I could make a run for it, but his hold was like iron.

Once all my limbs were tied Neel let go and walked with Ryan to the other side of the barn. I took my chance to look around and assess the situation. I had two seconds before I was yanked into the air by the ropes on my arms. I bit back a scream as the fraying rope dug into my skin.

I was pulled a couple feet off the ground before the started to pull the ropes on my feet. They pulled until my entire body was stretched​ out like a starfish. My legs were pulled more down than out. They were were roughly wider than shoulder with. Actually they were pulled about as wide as the horses legs.

I craned my neck to try and get an idea off what they were going to do. I heard a loud whistle, and I could hear the horse rising on its front legs. Everything was in slow motion. The horse reared back and kicked. Its hooves landed just below my knees.

I loud crack echoed through the barn before searing pain filled my body. I screamed and screamed, I didn't think I would ever stop. But after a while Neel came around and punched me in the gut, making me stop.

When I got my breath back, the horse was no longer behind me. I heard pulleys turning and my body moved backwards to where the horse used to be. That's when Ryan led the horse in front of me. He stood beside it and stared at me.

As he whistled his mouth twitched upwards into a grin. The horse bucked again, but this time she hit the front of my knees. Another crack sounded and Ryans laughed turned into a smile. I screamed again, this time no one stopped me. I screamed until my voice was too hoarse to scream more. That's when I resorted to crying.

After my screaming stopped I was taken off the horses and dragged inside. Every bump between the barn and the house filled my vision with black. My legs dangled behind me uselessly, causing more pain to erupt in my body.

I was taken back down to the basement and thrown on the floor, like a broken toy. Then they just left. Leaving me in pain and hungry.

I remembered there being a couch in one corner. So, slowly, I dragged myself over to a corner, thankfully the right one, and used my arms to push myself up onto it. It was a whole lot comfier than the ground so I fell asleep fairly quickly.