Chapter 2

Kim's POV
The next morning everyone woke up around 8:00 which 1, really surprised me and 2, got me about 6 hours of sleep. We all made our way downstairs. Suddenly remembering my plan I ran back upstairs, and into the bathroom, the girls following behind me.

I leaned over the toilet and began hyperventilating. Jamie grabbed my hair and held it back for me. It felt so wrong, that should have been Paige. I spit a little in the toilet and sat down against the wall taking deep breaths.

My mom rushed in to the bathroom and felt my head, it was hot, due to the fact that I had placed a heat pack on it all night. Mom ran out of the room to tell dad. Less than a minute later he came rushing in. "Sorry girls I guess the party's over. You need to call your parents to come pick you up. " Dad told them as he leaned down to pick me up, "Guess you caught whatever Paige has."

"Guess so. "

He carried me back to the bedroom and put me on my bed. I got up as if I were getting ready to go to grandma's. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Grandma's. "

"No you're not. You're going to get back in this bed and we'll just have to wait to see grandma till next week. "

"But dad you've been wanting to see her for weeks. You should go I'll be fine here."

"Are you sure honey?"

"Yeah I'm sure. " I said and saw happiness flood over the worry in his eyes.

"Thanks, I love you."

"Love you too. "

And with that he left to finish getting his stuff. Going to grandma's was a whole day trip. It consisted off packing, driving four hours staying at grandmas for the night and coming back in the morning. A half hour later they loaded up in the car and left.

I got out my phone opened hangouts and texted Paige. (P:paige K: Kimberly)

K: how are you feeling?

P: ehh I took medicine and it's getting a little better but I'm still puking a lot.

K: I'm sorry let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

P: I thought u were going to ur grandmas house

K: I stayed home so we could keep in touch

P: oookay. Gtg toilet time

Man she really is sick. Only ten minutes and she already back to puking. I hope she feels better. Well might as well get some sleep since I'm home. I thought to myself.

So I went to sleep. The next thing I knew I heard a loud CRASH. "Quiet you idiot the neighbors might hear us."

That was definitely not a voice I had heard before. I went slowly down the steps careful not to make it creak. I reached the last step and opened the door just a crack so that I could see out. There with their backs towards me I saw two big men. They were both wearing blue shirts and khakis. One had blonde hair he other had brown. They were placing stuff inside a large bag. The realization hit me, they were robbing us. I opened the door a little wider to get a better look but the door squeaked loudly.

The men spun around and we stared at each other. Then I took off run up the stairs. "Well what are you waiting for, go after her!" The same gruff voice from before yelled.

I ran into my room and yanked the window open. Quickly I climbed down the ladder. I jumped the last two rungs as the smaller of the two men got to the window. Without thinking I ran towards the woods. The only thought running through my head was, I need my safe haven. So I ran towards my rock. I could hear the man behind me stumble, not used to the uneven ground. My feet were stinging and I realized I didn't have any shoes on, in fact I was still in my pajamas. But that didn't matter all that mattered was that I reach the rock. I kept a hunting knife in my box along with an old cellphone I sometimes used as a flashlight. If I could just get those I could call the police. I kept running. Soon I reached the streams edge. I ran up to the fallen tree and started across. I was being hasty and once or twice I almost fell in but eventually I made it to the other side. I reached under the rock and grabbed the box. I could see the man across the stream making his way towards the tree. Hurriedly I dumped the contents of the box out, grabbed what I needed, and started running again. I flipped the old cellphone open and dialed 911. As I ran I heard someone on the other side answer.

"911 what is your emergency. "

"Hi my name is Kimberly June, I live on 157 Dukat lane. I'm being chased by two men who were robbing our house-," CLICK. I stopped talking and looked to my right.

Standing there was the second man. Somehow he had gotten ahead of me. "Put the phone down."He commanded pointing the gun at my head.

I complied letting the phone drop to the ground. "now you get on the ground. "

Shakily I did as I was told, sitting on the ground. Then he fired.

My body felt numb. I couldn't tell my arms to do anything. I fell over on the ground , dropping the knife and watched as the man came over to me picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Nice try," he muttered as he kicked the knife.

I was very confused how I was not experiencing pain if he shot me from that close of a range. That's when I realized he had used a stun gun. I had heard of people being kidnapped that way but who would bring it to a robbery? We walked through a part of the woods I didn't recognize. We reached a car he set me on the ground, opened the drivers side, and popped the trunk. My hands started tingling like they were waking up from falling asleep. I watched as the man pulled out his phone and called someone. "Yeah I got her. Get back to the house and we'll finish up what we came here for... Well she'll have to come with us. We can't leave her she has seen our faces... Just don't get lost. " He hung up the phone and placed it in his back pocket.

Then he walked over to me, picked me up bridal style and placed me headfirst in the trunk of what seemed to be a very old Volkswagen. He went back around to the front of the car to get something. I could now fully feel my arms. I tested it out by moving it and it moved. I heard his footsteps coming back around to the car. He was holding something in his hand. As he got closer I could make out a very wet rag. I started to panic. I've seen to many movies where the one being kidnapped is knocked out by chloroform not to get scared when I see something that looks like it. He brought it close to my face and I reached my hands up to pull his away. Instead he punched my in the stomach so that I took a deep breath of the chloroform. After a few seconds I felt my arms going numb again. The world started to spin. I heard the man say,"sweet dreams. " as he shut the trunk, and my world became black.

Narrators POV

Ryan got into the car and put the chloroform back inside a ziploc bag in the bag seat. He shifted into gear and drove back to the house. Once reaching it he got out and went to look for Neel. Neel was not the sharpest tool in the shed and Ryan knew it. Neel's bright blonde hair only contributed to his look of utter confusion. Ryan found Neel in a bedroom working at a safe he had found under the bed. After breaking of the lock he opened it. In side there was about $500. He grabbed it and handed it to Ryan. "This is pathetic surely there is something else in here."

"They have a set of gold plated silverware. "

"Grab it and head to the car we need to leave. She called the police. "

They got what they were looking for and left. They drove down Dukat lane and onto the highway. As the were almost past the line of sight from the lane, they saw a bunch of police cars behind them. They heard thumping against the car and a high pitch scream calling for help. The police cars turned and headed down the Dukat lane in search for them. Ryan looked at Neel and gave him a high five. They had done it. They didn't get a lot but now they had the girl, although the screaming would have to be dealt with. It wasn't much, but it would keep them satisfied till the next robbery.