Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Of course. I'll be at your house in a bit." I agreed.  

~~~~

Okay calm down, I told myself as I stood in front of Korra's front door. I was a hot mess. My hands were shaking and my heart was racing. 

It was even worse when Korra finally opened the door. She was wearing a lovely maxi dress with a slit on the side, exposing her toned leg muscles. She curled her hair and for the first time in forever, she was wearing makeup, which made her skin dazzle. She looked amazingly beyond this world. I couldn't help but stare.

I stood there awkwardly with my mouth wide open. She stood in front of me sheepily. Her already blushed cheeks grew even brighter as she tried to look anywhere else but my face. I found that quite adorable. She's just adorable.

We stood there for a moment longer, then Korea finally spoke.

"We should probably get going." She said looking at the floor.

I called a cab to pick up upon and drop us off the courthouse. Through the whole ride, I couldn't stop thinking about how close we were together. Back then, I would occasionally get nervous when we were this close together, but now it was different. It's like all my senses were focused on Korra alone. I could clearly smell the daisy perfume she was wearing. I could clearly see the light tink of pink shade on her lips and her full eyelashes. Her eye makeup, drew so much attention to her beautiful brown eyes, that I was afraid she would attract too much attention.

She sat silently on the other side, which made me feel slightly guilty. How could I think so selfishly at a time like this?

Once we arrived, we got inside, as everyone began to crowd around the courtroom. There were a lot of reporters both from the local and national news. 

It was probably because it was the first domestic case where the plaintiff had a known lawyer from the city. A lawyer such as Mr Jones is quite known nationally, so many people wanted to see him. Especially since his client is the daughter of a famous corporate lawyer.

Reporters immediately crowded around Korra, trying to get statements from her. Korra remained composed and walked through the mob and I followed her. I've been around mobs if reporters many times in my life, so I was used to it. I was amazed at how well Korra handled it.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as we entered the mob-free courtroom.

"I'm fine." She answered curtly. I've known her long enough to be able to tell her lies from her truths. But I just let it slide.

I sat at the front seats behind Korra, while she sat next to her lawyer, Mr Jones. He was young, but he had a mature vibe and a very serious expression, which made him look older.

Across from their table, was the Mr Tonraq's lawyer. She was young and vibrant. She stood out from the crowd with her platinum blonde hair, that's she had loosely hanging on her shoulders. She was quite beautiful, catching the attention of many single males in the room.

Suddenly the courtroom doors opened and revealed Ms Senna. She came in with large luxurious glasses, as a hoard of reporters tried to follow her inside. She strutted down the narrow hallway, with the people around her staring in awe. They respected her. If only they truly knew her. Then Tonraq cam in with handcuffs around his hand, escorted by officers.

A few minutes later, the judge came in and was announced. The usual mumbo-jumbo was then explained and we all took our seats. 

"So Ms Korra," The young female lawyer addressed Korra, as she sat on the questioning panel. Korra remained composed, showing no obvious emotion at all.