But I had to admit he was a gentle man with what he did, and how he tried to save me from what job I had, and trying to reverse my mind on the prostitute ways I'm in. I chuckled to myself but he doesn't know anything. After all he doesn't know that it's not my choice, that I was forced into it. No he doesn't know and I intend to keep it this way

'Or maybe he knows' my subconscious had to mock me.  I stood for a minute frozen, realizing that my subconscious might be right. What if he is one of the gang, or worse an FBI? He would want me to confess but like that, he will be putting me in danger.

Grab a hold on yourself Marline, I scolded myself. Not because you know things that means that every man is a police or gang member, who wants something. You gotta stop thinking like that. Stop being suspicious of every one.

 Drying myself I put on my bra and underwear, and then the rest of my clothes. Brushing my hair I tied it with a band into a pony tail, I grabbed my coffee and my keys and set off to go to the market to buy some pasta and cheese or something.  Anything that's edible for breakfast and lunch.

Searching through the food in the market, I was deciding on what to get that was cheap, not fancy or delicious, when I heard a shot gun then another I freaked out and looked around to find……

I ran,

 As fast as my legs could take me towards him, to find he was shot but he wasn't in pain, or if he was, he was good at not showing it. He had his gun in his hands, which means that the second shot was his. But why was he caring a gun? Not the time to think about this.

"What the hell happened?"

"Do you really want the answer for that?"

"How..."

Another shot was fired "Marline get inside the aisle"

He pushed me down the aisle, crushing me between the wall and his hard chest, and he put his hands on my mouth to shut me up. And for a moment I felt the heat radiating from his body. With his great closeness it was hard not to think about how hot he is

Stop Marline you are being chased for fuck's sake. And then it ticked in my mind. Why is he being shot? Who is he?

Cutting my thoughts was another damn shot. By chance I had a glimpse of the shouter, and he was the eagle. He was the second in command of the gang, THE GANG! What the hell? What does this guy have anything to do with them? But before this question could be answered we had to get out here. Maybe he doesn't know that, but the gang knew the suburbs like the back of their hands, it was their play ground. And there was no way in hell we could escape by hiding in an aisle. Without more thinking I took his hand. "what the hell are you doing ?"

"Saving your ass" is all I said.

 And i started running till I found the market, I entered and found the back door, I opened it and went straight into another aisle. The suburbs were like a maze, a dirty one but I also knew it as the back of my hand, after all this was my home.

We kept running until we reached my apartment. After closing the door on us and me releasing a sigh of relief I had to have some answers.

"What the hell just happened?"

"It seems obvious to me unless you are so blind to know that we're been shot"

"Thanks Einstein but what I was asking was why?"

He didn't answer

"Answer me"

"Nothing concerning you"

"Nothing concerning me" I can't believe him "if you haven't noticed I saved your pretty ass there don't you think that I deserve some answers"

"I have so much on my mind right now to answer any questions" I was about to retort back when I saw the injury up his arm it was deep and bleeding.  Taking a deep breath I pushed all my anger aside FOR NOW.