Chapter Sixteen|| Siren

Comincia dall'inizio

"Who are you suspecting is the she?" 

"The Moon Goddess." I mumbled and a laugh left Ryker's body. 

"You don't believe me..." I felt stupid for even telling him. 

"Im not saying you're lying about what she said I'm just not quite believing her. Sirens are known to live by the sea. They are horrible people who lure sailors to their deaths and you, my love, are not that. You are pure and no where near like a siren. Why would the Moon Goddess be speaking to Alara? " 

"I was in the shower and... and I got this sharp pain in my head. It was terrifying and a voice spoke to me Ryker I know it . I know it was her. She called me her child." I told him quickly and his eyes widened. 

"Madeline..." He started but I held my hand up quickly. 

"Im not going insane dammit! Im telling the truth. She spoke to me." I said and he sighed running a hand over his face. 

"What were the words spoken to you?" 

"Something about how I shouldn't doubt myself. That I didn't know my true potential. That us Lunas will play a big part in the war. I don't even know anymore." I looked down at my hands flipping them over as I studied them. The hands that took innocent lives. 

"I believe you." I heard Ryker say and I looked up at him quickly. 

"You do?" He nodded. 

"When I told you I didn't want you going into the battle. I was hell bent on making you stay here, but the second your eyes met mine and you pleaded with me. I felt like I would do anything you told me to and I did. It makes sense now. I felt so confused the whole way there on as to why I let you go but I couldn't let myself tell you to stay back. You lured me into your ways and you didn't even know it. I think she spoke to you to wake something in you. To wake this ability. For you to know of it and bring it to life." He told me and brought his hand up wiping a stray tear from my cheek. 

"I know half the time I'm an ass, but I will always believe you gattina." He said and I let out a small chuckle. 

"Stop calling me a cat." I said and he cocked an eyebrow. 

"Kitten." He corrected. 

"Im technically a dog not a cat." I said and he thought about it and nodded. 

"Fine, have it your way, cucciola." He smirked and I gave him an annoyed look. 

"Please don't tell me that means what I think it means." He chuckled. 

"If you're thinking puppy, then you're correct." I rolled my eyes. 

"You're annoying." I said laying back beside him. 

"It's not my fault. You're a siren, you just lured me to give you a nickname." I smacked his chest playfully causing him to grin. 

"I only kid... kind of." 

"Now to a more serious matter." He said and I looked up at him confused. 

"Tomorrow is the full moon." he said and I groaned. 

"Heat." I mumbled. 

"Heat." He replied. 

"What a bitch." I added and he let out a husky chuckle. 

"Indeed it is." I glanced up at him and squinted my eyes. 

"What are you thinking?" I asked and he shrugged. 

"Oh nothing." He said with mock innocence. 

Dirty bastard. 

________________________________________________