A Break

The next day just after noon we set out to the greater London area so Draco could try on suits for the dances. I didn't have to get any dresses since mine would be specially made, plus I didn't feel like trying on dresses when I was pregnant.

The first store we went into was full of suits of all types, even outfits that I had only seen in pictures of Kings. I sat in an over plush chair watching a woman bustling around the store attending to Draco. I rubbed circles on my stomach as I began to feel kicking and smiled. After a few minutes a blonde woman came over to me with a tray that had a bottle of water, finger sandwiches and an assortment of macaroons laid on it.

"Would you care for some, ma'am." She greeted. I took a finger sandwich and thanked her. She set the tray on a small side table beside me and walked away.

I had just taken a bite from my sandwich when Draco came out of a dressing room wearing a sleek black suit and a top hat, walking with a cane. I felt my face blush as I looked at him.

"You look very... dapper." I said to him.

Then the blonde lady was back. "You look dashing in that," he fingers pulled at the seams just under his ribs and then again at the inner thigh of his jean, causing him to blush. "Mmm, could be a little tighter just here," she pointed, taking her time to trace down the seam to his ankle. "Making it a little form fitting would give you length."

I cleared my throat and she turned to look at me.

"Would you like me to find your sister a dress of some sorts. I am sure we have extra large." She said to Draco, not bothering to address me.

I gasped from offense and placed my hands on my hips. "I'm not his sister you daft woman, I'm his-" Draco quickly cut me off.

"Wife..." He said, "She is my lovely wife."

I felt my face blush. It wasn't from embarrassment or being shy but from the idea that this woman now saw me as Draco's wife. I stood up taller and turned my nose up to her slightly. Draco was obviously of money and like he had mentioned before people of money are snobby on a general basis so I had to be extra snobby since she had obviously offended me.

"Exactly, he is my husband. So if you don't want to be begging on the street I would suggest you take your hands off of him or I will have you fired." I said with a fierce attitude.

The woman looked at me and then to Draco before walking off.

"Wow..." Draco said as he pulled me into his arms and kissed my neck. "I didn't think something like that could ever come out of that mouth of yours." He teased.

I felt my cheeks blush. "Hormones." Was all I managed to say. I felt ashamed of the words I had spoken to her. Then again, when I think of the way she touched him... flirted with him, it makes me feel like I should have done more - like rip her head off.

He grinned as he turned towards the three-point mirror to look at his reflection. He turned this way and that and sighed. "It is nice, but not like those I already purchased at the start of the year from the shop in Diagon Alley." He disappeared back into the changing room only to come out a few minutes later in his clothes. "Let's kick this joint and get some lunch." Draco said and then took me at the waist escorting me from the shop.

We walked in silence for a few minutes, towards the food plaza down town. We came to a little quaint bistro and decide this was as good a place as any. We picked a table near the back for privacy but nearest the window to give us a bit of a view and then we waited for our waitress.

"So, back there," Draco glanced up from his menu, "the wife comment. Why did you tell her that I was your wife, why not girlfriend?"

Draco reached across the table and took my hand into his. "If I said you were merely my girlfriend she wouldn't have given up. She would've tried to replace you. Now, being my wife is more permanent." He raised his eyebrows and then dropped them.