10

Oh, you better believe that this shit was the worst.

Bella's skin felt like it was on fire. Everything inside of her screeched and howled like there was nothing else that it could do. There was no release from the overwhelming torture her body felt. She couldn't try to focus on something to hold onto because she couldn't feel anything. She couldn't think about a song or the sound of Rosalie's voice because she couldn't hear anything. She couldn't try to look at anything around her because she couldn't see anything. For all Bella knew, she was in hell.

She just knew that she had died in the river and now she was in hell to burn for all of eternity. There was no red so maybe hell wasn't full of little red people, maybe it was just darkness with pain. Well, she could see a hint of red but not much. Maybe Satan was realizing that red was her favorite color and was trying to hide it from her. She knew he was capable of doing such. Damn you, Lucifer.

She didn't know whether her body was moving but she tried to grasp anything she could. Maybe she grabbed something, maybe she didn't. There was no way for her to find out.

After what seemed like forever, she could feel in her fingertips and, though it hurt to move at all, her fingers moved around to figure out the space. It felt warm and had the smooth feel of metal. It wasn't cold, though, the way that it usually was.

Then she could hear. And it was the most bizarre thing. She heard everything in pure clarity. She could hear voices, could distinguish between...was that Rosalie? And Edward? ROSALIE? EDWARD? She tried to call out to them but she couldn't tell if she was actually using her voice.

But then she heard music.

Hey now, you're an all star. Get your game on, go play. Hey now, you're a rock star. Get the show on, get paid.

Now she really wanted to be dead. The song was iconic but in the midst of burning on fire, it was like the gates of hell were open and she was thrown inside without a fair trial and without consideration. At least she could picture Shrek in her head. That was an improvement.

Well, the years start coming and they don't stop coming. Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running. Didn't make sense not to live for fun. Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb.

Whoever was playing this had a death wish. She cried out, trying to form words. Hoping that she even made a sound about turning off the damn song from the iconic movie Shrek. Her hearing went in and out until it came back and she heard a DVD being popped in. How could she decipher what it was? She couldn't see!

Then she heard a fairytale opening with wind chimes and string instruments before someone began telling a story. She tried to focus on the words before that damned song began to start playing again! It stops and she could hear an angry mob going after a...an ogre?

Who was playing the literal Shrek movie?!

She wanted to sigh and grunt but she couldn't tell whether she had actually done either one.

"Now I'm a flying, talking donkey! You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly but I bet you ain't never seen a donkey fly."

Bella wanted to groan. This was hell. She couldn't even look at her favorite movie. Well, she didn't actually want to. What, or who, she really wanted was to see Rosalie.

She wanted to look into Rosalie's golden honey eyes. She wanted to taste her lips and trace her fingers along Rose's sides. She wanted to shiver at the cold feeling of Rosalie's touch on her jawline. She wanted to speak about the past and give hope for the future. She wanted to breathe in Rosalie's scent that always seemed like a drug to her. She wanted to attach her lips to Rosalie's solid jaw and kiss down her neck until she remembered that she needed to breathe.

"Bella," she heard someone say. "Bella, it's okay. I'm right here."

And at that exact moment, Bella could feel the burning sensation recede from her throat a tiny bit and gasped for air. "ROSALIE," she shouted.

Something grabbed her fingertips. "I'm right here, love. I'm right beside you."

"B-burning...god, this f-f-fucking sucks..."

"I know, Bella. I know."

And that was the only thing she could communicate before her hearing went out again. Her fingertips went numb from the maddening sensations covering the expanse of her nerves. After a while, though, everything seemed to subside except for the constant beating of her heart. Was this it? Was she finally dead?

After what seemed like a second forever, she felt everything stop. She could hear crickets outside and the sound of a fly in the room she was in. A TV expressed concern about Portland's crime rate going up and how the protests across the country were starting to get violent instead of continuing to be peaceful and what the president wasn't doing about it. She heard everything.

And then she opened her eyes.

Bella saw the ceiling and when she turned her head to the side, she found the contents of Carlisle's study. She tried to remember the countless times she'd been in there but the memory was fuzzy and this really confused her. It was still there, just...distorted.

She looked down at her clothes and saw herself in something she'd never wear. It was a flowy white laced dress that reached the top of her knees. Her shoulders were exposed and for once she didn't feel bad. She just felt like an angel.

Was she in heaven?

Bella wondered what had happened. She was in white and at the Cullen household. Maybe this was her purgatory. Maybe this was the waiting place. Her bare feet didn't feel cold as she gracefully hopped off the metal platform she was rested on. It was a miracle that she hadn't tripped or twisted her ankle.

Walking into the other room, she saw all of the Cullen's standing around. So she wasn't dead. Then what happened? She was glad to see her family right there but she also was filled with oodles of questions.

She locked eyes with her beautiful girlfriend and smiled. Rosalie looked like she was ready to plead for Bella's forgiveness. Bella couldn't understand why Rose would feel this way until she caught the image of herself in the mirror to her left.

Oh. That's why. Well. At least red was her favorite color. At least she wasn't dead.

But there was one thing that made her clench her fists as she remembered. Bella looked back towards the family and raised an eyebrow.

"Who the fuck decided to play Shrek while I was burning in hell for three days?"

THE END.