8

Bella quickly came to realize that she had no clue how to take care of a pig.

Or any animal for that matter.

She didn't know whether she needed to take Petunia out on walks or something. Did pigs need exercise? They were fat farm animals, she knew that much. Maybe she could have the first ever cross-country running pig. She didn't know. She didn't care.

She cherished the pig like there was no one else to love. Well, besides Rosalie, of course. Rosalie was the center of Bella's attention as the summer continued onwards. Long walks through the woods, road trips to different Walmart's across the state of Washington, watching all of the Shrek DVD's multiple times, etc. But, as you could probably tell, they did all of it with Petunia by their side.

Petunia was so easy to take care of that they barely had to do anything but feed her and pick up her poop and that was it.

One day there was a lack of Cullen's around so Bella decided to go on a nice walk with good ole Petunia. (Bella might have still been high but we're just going to ignore that for right now for the sake of the plot.)

She decided to stop at a point to text Angela back. She couldn't believe that in just a few weeks Angela would be in California and Bella would be in Seattle. They were making plans to meet for brunch the next day when good ole Petunia decided to start running around. Bella didn't look up, sure that the leash was secure.

But when she couldn't feel the tug on the leash anymore, she looked down to find that her pig was nowhere to be seen and a fallen rainbow collar resting in the grass.

Oink.

Bella gulped and ran towards the sound. Winding in and out of trees, she chased even the very hint of pink.

"PETUNIA!" Bella shouted as she found herself reaching the edge of the trees and sprinting onto the almost lawn of the Cullen's. She stopped and her shoulders slumped down as she found Petunia drinking the river water.

Bella placed her hands on her knees and breathed heavily for a few moments, her body not used to the sudden exercise. Her lungs gasped for air and she kept breathing heavily as she walked over to the tiny animal.

"Petunia, you can't just do that," Bella scolded breathlessly. "You're such a— fuck, I'm out of breath."

Oink.

Bella took a deep breath before bending over and clasping Petunia's leash back onto the collar. She stood up and went back to texting Angela back while humming the lullaby Edward had made for her.

Without Bella realizing, Petunia had wound herself in and out and around Bella's legs a few times.

Bella only looked up the second time when she heard a tiny snapping sound and glanced over at the pig running back towards the Cullen household.

Bella flinched and lifted her foot which was the wrong move.

She fell backward into the river, hitting her calf on a hard rock in an instant. The water washed over her face as she struggled to get some sort of balance. Unfortunately for Bella, the leash was still stuck around her calves and bound her legs together.

Every tiny second that Bella could get air into her lungs was a blessing but it became increasingly hard as she floated downstream. Water splashed over her mouth and nose, taking away her ability to breathe properly after a while.

Her whole body was thrown around in the swirling waves, her arms and legs hitting rocks left and right.

And then she was pulled under, her head hitting a rock.

Her vision faded.

You would not believe your pants

If Petunia's little dance

Was the cause of Bella's demise.