1

Bella Swan wanted to punch the intercom playing a Nickleback song. Her insomnia was not intense enough for her to just not care. Hadn't the memes tarnished any chance of their songs being played unironically?

Bella walked along the aisles, carelessly tossing small children's toys into the large basket, knowing that she wasn't going to buy any of them. She just wanted something to do. Anything to distract her from the pulsing desire to be with—

"Do humans really enjoy things such as...Silly Putty? I suppose it seems entertaining but not for long."

Bella sighed at Edward's remark, still heavily irritated by the song playing. "Humans are weird. We get it, Wardo."

It wasn't Edward she yearned for. No, it was someone else.

His sister. Rosalie.

Bella was aching for any and every chance to spend with Edward's sister who she'd had a crush on for over a year and a half. No other day would compare to when Rosalie slid through the cafeteria doors at Forks High. It had been Bella's first day at her new school but she knew it would be her last day on Earth when the blond-haired beauty had strutted across the room as if it were a runway. She laughed at something Emmett had said and Bella melted immediately at the sound.

Bella's body slumped and she felt her insides turn to jelly. Her entire body felt drawn to this more-than-human being. She thought her body was going to spontaneously combust from how hard her heart was stammering inside of her chest. Jesus Christ, she thought. Who the hell is she and why are there no girls like her back in Phoenix?

Well, actually, nothing compared to the day Rosalie had actually spoken to her. It was a few months after that day. Edward had befriended Bella in Biology class and wanted her to sit with them at lunch. Rosalie had greeted her but Bella had forgotten her own name, dumbfounded by the melodic sound coming from Rosalie's mouth. All she could think about was running her fingers through Rosalie's long, wavy strands. It was embarrassing but, damn, it was iconic.

Bella now ran into a corner and knocked over a few boxes of weird inflatables for the pool which were now falling into the basket. She looked at the pretzel and the swan and shrugged. What was another thirty dollars worth of shit to not buy?

"You should watch where you're going," Edward commented. "I know you're prone to falling into any and every thing imaginable and that it's more intensified at night, but—well, actually, there's no but to that."

Bella gritted her teeth. "I'm preoccupied."

"By my sister?" Her head snapped up, surprised. "Don't act like I don't notice you staring at her all the time."

She sighed, closing her eyes. Even though she was in major cringe session, she opened one of her eyes. "So you're okay with the fact that I'm—"

"Gay? Of course I'm okay with it."

"Bisexual, actually, but thank you. I didn't know what deep-rooted homophobia would be residing in you from the early nineteen-hundreds."

He chuckled as they made their way back through the aisles, putting items back where they had taken them. They worked like a team, making sure they were in exact spots to make it easier on those stocking the shelves.

"I've watched the world progress through each era. Plus, I have my own bisexual sister who has dated every section of the LGBTQ plus initials." He paused to give Bella his signature crooked smile. "Except for the G."

Bella knew that he was failing to tell her the one thing she perceived: he was gay. It was pretty damn obvious but she knew that even though Bella came out to him, it would take some time for him to come out to her. She was willing to wait.