Chapter 3

Kimberley:

I felt really confused by that kiss, I HAD to see Aubrey later to let him know how I felt. I wasn't completely sure, but I knew I didn't think of him on a friendship level anymore.

I think Johnny knew something was up, just for the reason that I couldn't look him in the eye properly. He was leaving for work (he had late shifts).

Aubrey:

At first I didn't really know what I was doing pushing my boundaries with her like that, but she responded positively.

I was telling Lil Wayne about it and his response wasn't what I wanted.

"She's a magazine editor nigga, she gon' use yo ass to sell stories"

"I've known her for a long time, she wouldn't"

"Okay, so say she doesn't do that, but you really wanna be leaving your career waiting for some woman"

"It's not a woman, she's THE woman"

"You need to tell her that kiss was a mistake, just trust me"

"Fine"

Who was I to question him? Maybe he was right.

Later that evening I drove to Kimberly's house, She looked nervous. She guided me through to a room which I presume is her dining room. I sat on the chair, it was evident she was avoiding eye contact with me.

"Kimberly, look at me" I laughed

"I am" she smiled

"About the kiss I-" I was interrupted by her.

"I know what you're going to say" She grinned.

"So you think it was a mistake too?" I asked.

Kimberley:

If that didn't break my heart I don't know what would.

"Erm yeah" I nodded, when knowing damn well I should be shaking my head

"So we can go back to the way things were?"

"Of course Aubrey" I lied.

The feeling of rejection sucks. Maybe it was karma for how I treated Johnny, have you ever had your heart feel like it's literally sinking, not even sinking, drowning.

After he that he just said he wasn't ready for a relationship, that sounded like bullshit to me considering he just came out of one.

I feel like an idiot, at least after he left Stephen came around for 'comfort'.

"Why do you look mad?" he folded his arms.

"I'm not mad" I lied.

"Why are you mad when you got the kiss of your life today" He nudged me.

"Can we not talk about that please" I bowed my head.

"Did something happen?"

I didn't respond.

"OH MY GOD IT DID WHAT HAPPENED?" he yelled.

"He came over..."

"And?"

"He said the kiss was a mistake, and that he just wants to be friends" I sighed.

"Oh no he did not!" Stephen gasped.

"Yeah, but it's fine"

Stephen just hugged me, I didn't really care. All I knew was Aubrey hurt me.

Aubrey:

The quicker I got out of there the better, I was ready to forget everything.

I don't even know why I said that. She seemed like she was glad I said it was a mistake.

I wasn't the commitment type, or serious relationship type so what was really the point.

The point was I could kinda see myself with Kimberly, like waking up next to her in the morning and things like that.

I had to remember my career came first for now.

Kimberley:

I didn't see Aubrey for the rest of the week, when I saw him I'm pretty sure you could cut the tension with a knife. To make things worse, I had a ring on my finger...Yes I was engaged to someone I didn't love because the person I loved didn't love me. It was even more awkward because before he noticed me he was coming out of the bathroom with a woman. Classy right?

Aubrey's eyes widened at the sight of the ring, he looked pretty speechless.

"Nice ring" he said sarcastically.

"I know" I smiled.

"Why are you marrying him? He doesn't deserve you"

"Why do you even care? You have all those women waiting in line for you"

"I care because I care about you"

"Why?"

"BECAUSE-" he yelled and then stopped because he saw people staring.

Aubrey grabbed my hand and led me out to the back of the restaurant.

"Aubrey stop grabbing me" I tried to release from his grip. He faced me, his lips were about five centimeters away from mine.

"I care because you deserve someone that doesn't guilt trip you into being with them".

"I'm not being guilt tripped...I love him" I said looking away.

"Look me in the eyes and say that"

"Okay so I don't love him but-"

"But nothing"

"Whatever Aubrey" I tried to walk away but he kissed me deeply.

Why was he doing this, he's making me catch feelings. I just wanted to be friends.

Aubrey:

There I went again, confusing her. I didn't even know what I was doing, I was leaving to go back to L.A. in three days, still no idea where Kimberly stood in my life.

If I don't say anything she's gonna marry a nigga she doesn't really love, and I'm gonna always have regrets.

If I do and she calls off the engagement I could make her unhappy.

Damn, decisions, decisions and more decisions.

Whatever is going on between Kimberly and I is not going to end.

© 2011 by John Doe